- Transfer from VCU sat out 2013-14 season.
- Long, athletic forward who is a defensive force in the post.
- Has been compared to former Mississippi State star and NBA player Jarvis Vanardo.
- Started 31 of 32 appearances sitting only on Senior Night…Southern Conference Defensive Player of the Year…All-SoCon Coaches, second team media and NABC District 22 first team.
- Set Chattanooga single season blocks record with 104…two shy of Kyle Hines’ (UNCG) league record of 106 set in 2004-05.
- SoCon leader in blocks ranking fourth in the country at 3.3 per contest…blocked more shots than 156 DI teams.
- 29 multi-block games including 18 in a row from November 26 through January 29…three or more blocks 19 times, five or more five times…tied league record for blocks in a conference game with a career-high nine in the home win over Western Carolina…seven blocks in the senior night win over ETSU.
- Career-best 20 points in overtime road win at Furman…scored 18 of the 20 after intermission in comeback win…led squad in scoring five times.
- Five double-doubles…includes 19 points, 13 rebounds and four blocks in narrow home loss to Wofford and 11 points and 12 rebounds in win over CUSA champ UAB…led the team in rebounding 11 times…eight games with five or more offensive boards.
- Averaged 10.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per contest shooting 53.8 percent from the field (119-221) and 63.7 percent from the free throw line (86-135)…three or more steals three times…played 30 or more minutes 15 times.
- Season highs of 20 points (at Furman), 13 rebounds (Wofford/Hiwassee), four assists (at Samford/at Western Carolina), nine blocks (Western Carolina) and three steals (Furman/Lipscomb/Montreat).
- Played one season for Shaka Smart at VCU
- Saw action in 25 of 35 contests as a freshman reserve…averaged 1.2 points and 1.4 rebounds in 7.4 minutes per game.
- 3rd on the squad with 11 blocked shots (0.44 bpg) which equates to 2.4 blocks per 40 minutes…posted season highs of five points (Virginia Union/Western Kentucky), six rebounds (Virginia Union) and four blocks (Western Kentucky)…blocked three or more shots in three games.
- Played for Rick Francis at Lovejoy High School
- Ranked as high as No. 84 in the country and in the top 20 in talent-rich Georgia by recruiting services.
- Averaged a double-double his junior (12.0 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 5.0 bpg) and senior (13.9 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 7.6 bpg) seasons earning All-State mention leading the Wildcats to a 49-10 mark
- 2-time All-Conference first team and three-time team Defensive Player of the Year.
- Chose VCU over interest from Virginia Tech, Memphis, Richmond and Georgia Tech.
- Justin A. Tuoyo was born June 18, 1994
- Son of Janina Tuoyo…two older brothers, Andre and Cedrick
- Honor roll student in high school
- Majoring in Sports Management.