Appalachian State at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Jan. 26, 2013
- The Lady Mocs remain in first place in the Southern Conference race after a 59-55 win over Appalachian State...UTC improves to 16-3 overall and 9-1 in league play while ASU drops to 12-4 and 6-2 in the SoCon.
- Tonight's crowd of 2,636 is the 16th largest to see a Lady Mocs game in McKenzie Arena. Lady Mocs topped 21,000 in total attendance this season, averaging 2,740 per game...second place in the SoCon is UNCG at just under 600 fans per game.
- Chattanooga is 8-0 at home this season, extending its home-winning streak to 21 games with tonight's win...Lady Mocs' longest winning streak in McKenzie Arena was 25 games from Dec. 4, 2004, through November 10, 2006.
- Three of UTC's last four wins have come against the defending SoCon regular season co-champions (Davidson & Appalachian State) and the tournament champion (Samford).
- UTC led 31-24 at the half and opened the second period on a 13-5 run to push the lead to 44-29 with 15:41 left to play...ASU tried a full court press but the Lady Mocs countered with three 3-pt. FGs in that stretch.
- ASU backed out of the press and UTC only managed two field goals the rest of the game.
- Appalachian State went on a 16-1 run over the next eight minutes to tie the game at 45...Keke Cooper's jumper at the 7:31 mark evened the score for the fifth time.
- UTC was 2-12 form the field, 0-6 from 3-pt. range and 11-14 from the FT line in the last 15+ minutes of the game.
- Lady Mocs lead the all-time series with ASU 50-24...Appalachian State had won four of the last five coming into tonight's game.
- Appalachian State finished the game 0-9 from 3-pt. range...they came into tonight's game No. 3 in the SoCon in 3-pt. FG% (32.1%).
- ASU (72.8) and UTC (69.6) came into the game 1-2 in the league in scoring...tonight's totals were the second-fewest points in a game this season for both teams.
- Tonight's game featured seven ties and 10 lead changes.
- Lady Mocs held ASU without a FG in the last 3:05 of the game.
- UTC's Taylor Hall (15-12) and Ashlen Dewart (12-12) both had double-doubles in the game ... first time that has happened for the Lady Mocs since Jan. 15, 2012, vs. Furman when Hall (10-15) and Whitney Hood (21-11) both had double-doubles.
Kayla Christopher (Sr. - G)
- 11 points on 2-7 shooting, 1-4 from 3-pt. range and 6-8 from the FT line.
- 4-4 from the FT line in the last 5:12 of the game.
- Tied a season-high with a game-high five assists.
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- 12 points on 5-9 shooting and 2-4 from the FT line.
- Game-high 12 rebounds...ties her mark for most by a Lady Moc this season.
- Third double-double of the year.
Taylor Hall (Jr. - F)
- Game-high 15 points on 5-10 shooting, 3-5 from 3-pt. range and 2-2 from the FT line.
- Double-double with 11 rebounds...first double-double of the season...8th of her career.
- Added three assists, a block and a steal.
Kylie Lambert (Sr. - G)
- 11 points on 4-8 shooting, 3-6 from 3-pt. range.
- Played 22 minutes after missing last game with nagging injuries.
Wes Moore - Head Coach
- 545-168 (.764) - 24th year
- 345-112 (.755) - 15th year