UNCG vs. Chattanooga
Southern Conference Tournament First Round
U.S. Cellular Center - Asheville, N.C.
Friday - March 8, 2013
- UTC ends its season in the first round of the Southern Conference Tournament with an 87-81 loss to UNCG...the seventh-seeded Mocs finish the year 13-19 overall while the 10th-seeded Spartans.
- UTC opened the game on a 12-2 run and took a 43-32 lead into halftime...UTC came into the game 10-1 when leading at the half this season...106-24 in that category under head coach John Shulman.
- Mocs shot 14-25 (56.0%) from the floor in the first half...third time in last four games shooting 50.0%+ from the field in the first 20 minutes...seventh time this season.
- UNCG opened the second half by scoring the first eight points to cut the lead to 43-40 with 17:30 on the clock.
- Mocs built a 67-56 lead with 10:08 left in game...Greensboro went on a 16-2 run over next four minutes to take control of the game.
- Chattanooga 84-73 with 2:55 left in the game, but scored seven straight points in 83 seconds to cut the lead to 83-81 with 1:32 in the game.
- Chattanooga committed a season-high 25 fouls in the game.
- UTC is 4-2 when scoring 80+ points.
- The Mocs are 5-3 in games decided by five points or less.
- UNCG's 55 points in the second half are the most allowed in the second frame by the Mocs this season.
- UNCG was 8-11 (72.7%) from 3-pt. range in the second half...Mocs were 1-10 in the final 20 minutes from behind the arc.
- The Spartans did not score a field goal in the last 3:58 of the game.
Casey Jones (Fr. - G)
- 11 points on 4-7 shooting, 3-5 from the FT line.
- Second-straight game in double-figures...only two times this season.
- Tied a career-high with six boards.
Z. Mason (Jr. - F)
- Team-high 20 points.
- Shot 7-14 from the field, 1-4 from 3-pt. range and 3-4 from the FT line.
- Tied for game-high with eight boards. '
- 9th game with 20+ points...fourth time in the last six games.
- 145-146 - 9th Year
Sam Watson (Jr. - F)
- Career-high nine points.
- Shot 2-2 from the field and 5-6 from the FT line.
- Scored six-straight midway through second half.
Ronrico White (So. - G)
- 19 points on 6-10 shooting, 4-8 from 3-pt. range and 3-4 from the FT line.
- Four rebounds and four assists.
- Career-high for threes made.
- Three-straight games in double-figures.
- 8-16 from 3-pt. range last four games.