|A view of the inside of Macellan Gym setup for
volleyball following the update to the floor in 2009.
|Fans watch the Mocs wrestling team at Maclellan Gym.
| "Big Mac" setup for the 24-time Southern Conference
Champion wrestling team.
Maclellan Gym was built on campus in 1961 and was named after Mr. and Mrs. Robert Jardin Maclellan. Mr. Maclellan was a member of the Chattanooga Board of Trustees from 1935 until his death in 1956.
The gym houses offices and classrooms for the Health and Human Performance department. It features a main court, auxiliary court, weight room, aerobic equipment area and swimming and diving pool. Locker rooms for the Lady Mocs volleyball team and a team meeting room that includes furniture and a television is also housed inside "Big Mac."
Prior to the 2009 season, the main floor was updated with its primary use for volleyball. With the Power-"C" logo in center, Chattanooga spelled out across the baselines and volleyballs on the corners, the Lady Mocs now have a true home-court advantage.