Game No. 8 | Chattanooga vs. IUPUI | Orleans Arena | Nov. 29, 2013
- Chattanooga claimed an 87-76 win over IUPUI in an afternoon tip in Las Vegas…the Mocs are 3-5, the Jaguars 1-7.
- The Mocs are just the second team to beat the Jaguars by 10 or more points…Missouri topped them 78-64…they lost by eight or less to Northwestern (63-61), Evansville (84-78), Gardner-Webb (61-54), SEMO (76-68) and Utah Valley (74-66).
- It’s just the first meeting with IUPUI…2nd game against current Summit Membership (2-0)…beat Nebraska-Omaha during 1976-77 DII National Championship campaign.
- This is Chattanooga’s second entry in the Las Vegas Invitational...the first was in 2006 losing the opener in Orleans Arena against Towson (56-55) and beating Prairie View A&M (79-66).
- Now have 96-50 in-season tournament record…have won 33 such tournaments in our DI era.
- The Mocs 87 points are a season high against a DI opponent.
- Chattanooga shot a season-best 58.8 percent from the field (30-51)…limited IUPUI to 45.6 percent (26-57) which a low by a DI opponent.
- The Mocs made just five threes this afternoon, but it came in a mere 11 attempts…the 45.5 percent shooting beyond the arc is another season high.
- Chattanooga owned the glass today with a 37-21 advantage…allowed the Jaguars only five offensive rebounds…led to a 15-2 lead on second chance points…had more defensive boards (27) than IUPUI had total (21).
- The Mocs shot 75.9 percent from the free throw line…best performance since game No. 2 at Radford (77.4%)…made (22) as many free tosses as IUPUI attempted…the Jaguars shot 86.4 percent (19-22), best total by an opponent this season.
Z. Mason, Sr.-F
- 27 points and nine rebounds…12-18 shooting making 3-5 from 3pt range.
- 27 points ties his career high set last season at home against College of Charleston…3rd 20-point game of the year, 12th of his career…averaging 22.3 points over last four contests.
- 35th career double-figure scoring day, seventh of the season.
- 25 points and 7.5 rebounds per the two games in Las Vegas…shot 71.4 percent (20-28) from the field including 66.7 percent (6-9) from beyond the arc.
Gee McGhee, So.-G
- 14 points and five rebounds.
- 7th double-digit game in seven this season…28th of his career in 39 games.
- 4th game this year with five or more rebounds from the guard spot.
Casey Jones, So.-G
- 14 points while tying career highs with nine boards and three assists.
- 4th double figure scoring performance of the season, sixth of his career.
- 4th game with seven of more rebounds this year…career high for a game was six entering 2013-14.
Lance Stokes, Jr.-F
- Tied his career high with 13 points this afternoon.
- 2nd double digit game of the year, fourth career.
- Went 4-7 from the field and 5-6 from the free throw line.
Greg Pryor, Fr.-G
- 13 points, five rebounds and three steals.
- 6th time this season in double digits…4th in five games.
- Five rebounds is a season high.