MOCS MEN’S GOLF NOTEBOOK
Linger Longer Invitational | March 22-23, 2014
- 12 of the 15 teams in the field were ranked in the top 75 in the country (Chattanooga at 61) entering the event including eight in the top 50…Mocs beat No. 37 Kennesaw State by one and No. 47 UNF by nine…lost to just one team ranked behind ending up three short of No. 63 South Alabama.
- 39 birdies ties season high (AutoTrader.com Collegiate).
- Opening round of 283 (-5) is best first 18 of the season.
- The 283 is the second-best score of 2013-14 behind 273 in round two of the AutoTrader.
- 289 in round two is tied for seventh-best 18 with final round at AutoTrader event.
- 572 (-4) through 36 holes is six shots shy of season-low 566 at AutoTrader (293-273).
- Drop score of 74 (+2) in opening 18 ties for lowest of the season (Mobile Bay 2nd round).
- The Mocs played par or better on 121 of the 144 holes over the first two sets of counting cards…that’s an 84.0 percent rate.
- Played the par 3’s at +7, the fourth-best total of 2013-14…5th tourney better than +10.
- The +10 on the par 4’s is the third time the squad has played those holes at 10over or better.
- The Mocs were +4 on par 5’s today to end up at -3 for the tourney…second-worst number on the season for a team averaging nearly -10 per tourney entering the event.
Junior Liam Johnston
- First round 68 (-4) is his best score of the spring…lowest since 67 to end Bridgestone Golf Collegiate in October…4th card in the 60’s this season, 5th of his career…career-low first 18 card.
- 12 birdies is one off his career high of 13 set earlier this season at the AutoTrader event…six in round one ties career high (2012 Carpet Capital).
- His two par or better rounds this weekend gives him 10 for the season and 21 for his career.
- 4th top 15 in 2013-14.
Freshman Ewan Scott
- 4th top 25 this season tying for 23rd.
- 40 pars ties season high for himself and team matching his effort at the Brickyard Collegiate…Chris Robb also tallied 40 for a tourney (AutoTrader).
- Opened with two par or better rounds giving him 10 so far which is tied with Johnston for the team lead.
Freshman Wes Gosselin
- 11 birdies for the tourney is a new career-best.
- Second round 70 is his eighth par or better round of the season. 438
- Tied for 3rd earlier in the week as an individual at the Bobby Nichols Intercollegiate…averaged 73.00 shots per round over his 108 holes.
Senior Chris Robb
- Level par 72 over his second 18 is his seventh par or better card of the season, 44th career.
Senior Davis Bunn
- Opening 71 is his ninth par or better round of 2013-14, 31st of his career.