Story by Adam Stephens
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga men’s tennis team dropped a 7-0 match to Furman on the UTC Tennis Courts this afternoon. Chattanooga falls to 5-10 overall and 1-4 in the SoCon.
The Mocs were unable to take any of the doubles matches, but showed promise for future action.
“I had to put together three teams that really haven’t played with each other because of some injuries,” head coach Carlos Garcia said. “I actually saw some teams that I might use here in the future.”
Unfortunately, Chattanooga was no more fruitful in singles action losing all six singles matches in straight sets.
Chattanooga will play its makeup match against Lee University on Wednesday. The match is scheduled to start at 2:30 p.m. at the UTC Tennis Courts and a link for live scoring is available on the men’s tennis schedule page on GoMocs.com.
Chattanooga 0, Furman 7
Mar 30, 2014 at Chattanooga, Tenn. (UTC Tennis Courts)
1. Matt Browne/Joel Cook (Furman) def. Pavels Grigorjevs/Derrick Brown (UTC) 8-7 (4)
2. Jacob Behal/Adam Steryous (Furman) def. Jorge Varon/Luke Saunders (UTC) 8-5
3. Alex Christ/Ben Horst (Furman) def. Austin Boaz/ Gino Delavalle (UTC) 8-3
1. Adam Steryous (Furman) def. Pavels Grigorjevs (UTC) 6-2, 6-4
2. Matt Browne (Furman) def. Luke Saunders (UTC) 7-5, 6-2
3. Luke Synn (Furman) def. Jorge Varon (UTC) 6-3, 6-3
4. Joel Cook (Furman) def. Gino Delavalle (UTC) 6-4, 6-2
5. Jacob Behal (Furman) def. Austin Boaz (UTC) 6-2, 6-2
6. Ben Horst (Furman) def. Derrick Brown (UTC) 6-0, 6-1