Chattanooga at Furman
Paladin Stadium - Greenville, S.C.
Saturday - Oct. 13, 2012
- The Mocs improved to 3-3 overall and 2-1 in the SoCon with a 31-10 win at Furman today...the Paladins dropped to 2-5 overall and 1-3 in league play.
- This was the 43rd meeting in the series dating back to 1928.
- UTC has a better road record (9-12) than a home mark (6-15) in the series.
- UTC has won two-straight at Furman for the first time since playing back-to-back games on the road in 1978 and 1979.
- The Mocs have won two of three in the series for the first time since winning back-to-back in 1993 and 1994.
- Furman leads series 27-15 ... won 15 of last 17 ... 21-4 since 1988.
- Chattanooga is 3-1 coming off an open week under head coach Russ Huesman.
- Furman came into the game No. 2 in the SoCon and No. 7 in the nation with a 33:39 Time-of-Possession average ... UTC held the ball for 38:54 in today's game.
- In the first half, the Mocs allowed 75 yards on Furman's first TD drive...Paladin's other four drives were 23 yards, 12 plays and three 3 & outs.
- The Mocs have allowed just 10 points in the last two games (28-10 win at The Citadel)...it is the first time UTC has held consecutive opponents to 10 or less since Wofford (38-9 win on Sept. 26) and at Samford (14-7 win on Oct. 10) in 2009. It is the first time the Mocs have held back-to-back road opponents to 10 points or less since 1985.
- UTC has held three teams to 10 points or less in one season for the first time since 1998.
- Furman came into the game No. 22 in the nation in rushing yards, averaging 197.5 par game...the Mocs held them to a season-low 39 yards on the ground today.
- Furman came into the game No. 24 in the nation in total offense, averaging 423.5 yards per game...the Mocs held them to a season-low 223 yard today.
- UTC's two-headed quarterback attack of freshman Jacob Huesman (59 rush, 171 pass) and sophomore Terrell Robinson (29 rush, 86 pass) accounted for 345 of the Mocs' 369 yards of total offense today (93.5%).
- UTC's defense held Furman to just eight first downs and 2/13 on third down.
Marquis Green (So. - RB)
- Career-best five catches for 53 yards.
- Career-long 26-yard reception in the third quarter.
Jacob Huesman (Fr. - QB)
- 18-23 passing for 171 yards and two TDs.
- 59 yards rushing on 22 carries.
- Started at receiver for the first time this season.
- 8 passing TDs this season passes Brian Hampton (1995) for No. 2 among UTC frosh all-time.
Russ Huesman (Head Coach - 4th Year)
- 20-19 overall...13-13 in the SoCon.
- 2-2 against Furman...2-0 in Greenville.
- 8-6 in SoCon road games.
- Huesman is 5-0 as a Moc player and coach on the road against Furman.
J.J. Jackson (Sr. - RB)
- Three catches for a career-high 57 yards.
- 31-yard reception in the second quarter...longest play of his career.
- Seven carries for 11 yards and one TD.
- First rushing TD of the season...seventh of his career.
D.J. Key (Jr. - DB)
- Career-high three PBUs.
- Added five tackles.
Chaz Moore (Jr. - DB)
- Tied a career-high with seven tackles.
Nick Pollard (So. - K/P)
- Four punts for a 48.5-yard average.
- Career-long 61 yard punt.
- Pinned Furman inside the 20 four times.
- 29-yard FG in the first quarter...kick was partially blocked but still made it over the cross bar.
- 10-11 on FGs inside 20 yards for his career.
- First time with four touchbacks in a game.
Terrell Robinson (So. - QB)
- Got the start at QB ... second of the season.
- Scored three TDs ... two receiving and one rushing.
- Four carries for 29 yards and one TD ... second rushing TD of the season ... seventh of
- 7-10 passing for 86 yards.
- Career-best eight catches for 81 yards and two TDs.
Davis Tull (So. - DE)
- Two sacks in the game.
- Has 6.0 sacks on the year and 11.0 for his career.
- Forced a fumble that sealed the game.
Josh Williams (Sr. - DE)
- Sack on the first play of the game ... first of the season.
- Extended his UTC career sacks record to 22.5.