2013 NCAA DIVISION I WOMEN’S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
First-Round · Nebraska 73, Chattanooga 59
Reed Arena · College Station, Texas
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Team Record & Series Notes:
• With the victory, Nebraska improved to 24-8 and will face Texas A&M during Monday’s NCAA Tournament second round … The Huskers are now 6-10 all-time in 11 NCAA Tournament appearances.
• Chattanooga saw its season end with a 29-4 record … The Lady Mocs, making their 11th NCAA appearance, are now 1-11 all-time in tournament games.
Nebraska Team Notes:
• In a tightly contested first half, the Huskers ended the period on a 6-2 run to go into the intermission tied with the Lady Mocs, 32-32.
• After trailing by nine with 15:49 remaining the second half, the Huskers went on a 14-2 run to capture a 52-49 lead with 9:57 to play … Overall, Nebraska ended in the second half on a 35-12 run over the game’s final 15:25 and claimed the final 11 points of the contest.
• For the game, Nebraska shot 48 percent (24-of-50) from the floor with a 7-of-13 mark (53.8 percent) from 3-point range.
Nebraska Individual Notes:
• Nebraska featured a balanced scoring attack with four players (Jordan Hooper-21, Lindsey Moore-13, Rachel Theriot-12 and Emily Cady-10) in double figures.
• Junior forward Jordan Hooper tallied a game-high 21 points on 7-of-14 shooting from the floor, including a 4-of-6 mark from beyond the 3-point arc … It marked the 11th time this season the Alliance, Neb., native has surpassed the 20-point plateau … She also pulled down a game-best 12 rebounds for her 26th career double-double (ninth this season).
• Lindsey Moore dished out a game-high seven assists … It marked the 12th time this season she has collected seven or more assists in a game.
• Head coach Connie Yori, who has led the Huskers to the NCAA Tournament three of the last four seasons, is now 5-6 in NCAA Tournament play (4-4 at Nebraska).
Chattanooga Team Notes:
• Saw their 19-game winning streak come to an end … Had not lost since Jan. 7 at Elon.
• Scored a low of 59 points for the second time during their 19-game winning streak.
• Extended streak of making on at least one 3-point shot to 432 consecutive games dating back to Dec. 31, 1999.
• Made at least 10 3-pt. shots for the sixth time this season … Shot at least 28 3-pt. field goals for the fourth time this season.
• Began second half with a 15-6 run to lead by nine points at the first media timeout.
• Recorded at least 10 steals for the 15th time this season … Additionally, recorded at least 18 assists for the ninth time this season.
• Scored only two points during a stretch of 5:51 seconds during the second half between the 15:49 mark and 9:40 mark … Made four of their last 20 field-goal attempts (.200) and finished the game shooting 0-10 over the last 5:22.
• Attempted a season-low single free throw.
Chattanooga Individual Notes:
• Junior Taylor Hall tied a season high with three 3-point field goals.
• Sophomore Ka’Vonne Towns tied a career high with four steals.
• Senior Kayla Christopher finished her career with 1,334 points.
• Kayla Christopher shot a season-high 15 field goal attempts.