Chattanooga at Georgia State
Saturday – Sept. 7, 2013
Georgia Dome – Atlanta, Ga.
- The Mocs scored a 42-14 win over FBS-opponent Georgia State … UTC scores its third win over an FBS team in program history and improves to 1-1 on the year … The Panthers, a member of the Sun Belt Conference, fall to 0-2.
- The Mocs score their first win over an FBS opponent since defeating Southwest Louisiana 9-7 on Sept. 1, 1984 in Chattanooga. It is the Mocs third win against an FBS team since the split in 1978. The other was also against SW Louisiana, 38-14 on Sept. 17, 1983, in Lafayette, La.
- UTC ran the ball 60 times for 401 yards and four TDs…it is the most rushing yards in a game for UTC since 404 in a 49-14 win over VMI on Oct. 15, 1994, on Chamberlain Field…the 60 attempts are the most since running the ball 60 times in a 34-14 win over Tennessee Tech on Sept. 7, 1991.
- Mocs had four scoring drives of 70+ yards or longer.
- UTC had 509 yards of total offense…topped the 500-yard mark for the first time since 508 against No. 10 Jacksonville State on Sept. 10, 2011…it is the most yards of total offense overall since posting 550 against Samford on Nov. 13, 2010.
- The Mocs are 1-5 when playing in an NFL Stadium…UTC has played in Tampa Stadium, the Superdome, the Astrodome, Raymond James Stadium and RFK throughout its history.
- This is UTC’s first win indoors since a 17-13 victory at ETSU on Nov. 15, 1997.
- The Mocs have only allowed seven points in the first half this season.
- UTC's defense only allowed 30 rushing yards ... it is the fewest allowed since giving up -7 against ETSU in a 33-10 win on Oct. 1, 1988.
Derrick Craine – Fr. – RB
- True freshman finished with 53 yards and a TD on six carries.
- All numbers were in a single drive.
Tommy Hudson – Jr. – WR
- Career-best 27-yard punt return in the second quarter.
Jacob Huesman – So. – QB
- Ran 12 times for 84 yards and two TDs.
- 3rd game with 2 rushing TDs in his career.
- 9-13 passing for 84 yards and two TDs.
- Most combined TDs rushing and passing in his career.
Head Coach Russ Huesman
- 24-22 all-time at UTC.
- 12-13 on the road.
- 7-7 in non-conference action.
- In the Huesman Era (46 games since 2009)
- 2-4 when not causing a TO.
- 10-3 when not committing a TO.
- 18-6 when scoring 25+ points.
- 10-4 when allowing 14-24 points.
- 19-3 when outrushing an opponent.
- 13-13 on day games (KO before 5pm).
Derrick Lott – Sr. – DL
- Career-high three QBH.
- Added three tackles.
Nick Pollard – Jr. – K
- 6-6 on PATs…tied a career-high.
- Has 126 career points…passed Rodney Ledford (1975-77) and Mike Smith (1977-80) for No. 9 on UTC’s all-time scoring list.
Faysal Shafaat – Jr. – TE
- Two catches for 36 yards.
- Both were for TDs in the first half.
- Has four TDs in two games.
Davis Tull – Jr. – DE
- Second sack of the season.
- has 19.5 in his career…second all-time at UTC.
Keon Williams – Jr. – RB
- Rushed 20 times for 147 yards and a TD.
- Career-highs for yards and carries.
- 5 carries, 42 yards and a TD on the Mocs opening drive.
- 155 rushing yards in all of 2012.
- Previous career-high was 101 yards as a freshman at The Citadel on Oct. 9, 2010.