MOCS MEN’S BASKETBALL NOTEBOOK
Game No. 25 | Chattanooga at Eastern Kentucky | McBrayer Arena | Feb. 4, 2014
- Chattanooga dropped a 74-63 decision at Eastern Kentucky in McBrayer Arena Tuesday night…the Mocs are now 15-10, while the Colonels are 17-7.
- Rare February non-conference game…last time was February 16, 2010 at Georgia Tech, a 62-53 loss…prior to that, you have to go back to February 23, 1998, a 71-46 crushing of Belmont, for a non-conference February game not tied in with ESPN BracketBusters.
- 1-2 now on Tuesdays…last Tuesday game was the win over Hiwassee on December 10.
- Just the third meeting between the two schools, all since 2009-10…EKU leads the series 2-1…1st visit to Richmond for the Mocs.
- After winning four straight road games, Chattanooga has dropped the last two…4-8 overall away from the Scenic City.
- The Mocs trailed 42-36 at the break…now 3-8 when down at the half.
- Chattanooga had a season-high 24 turnovers…led to 25 KU points…took 26 fewer shots than the hosts tonight (37/63).
- The Mocs shot 54.1 percent making 20 of those 37 attempts…fewest shot attempts since taking 37 vs. No. 19 Southern Illinois on November 23, 2007 in Anaheim, Calif…42.9 percent (6-14) from 3pt range…81.0 percent (17-21) from the free throw line.
- Chattanooga out-rebounded the Colonels 35-25.
- The Mocs had six blocks tonight…lead the SoCon averaging 5.3 per contest entering tonight…11th consecutive game with five or more, 16th overall.
Z. Mason, Sr.-F
- 23 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks…shot 9-12 FG & 5-6 FT.
- 12th double-double this season ties school record held by Lance Fulse (1985-88) and Keith Nelson (1991-92)…19th of his career which is third all-time behind Fulse (23) and Nelson (21).
- 6th 20 & 10 double-double of the season which is just two behind Nelson’s eight in 1990-91.
- 20th double figure scoring game this season, 48th of his career.
- 17th multi-block game of 2013-14…4th in a row and 12th in last 13 contests.
- 1,032 points, 604 rebounds & 109 blocks in his career…ranks 18th in scoring, fourth in rebounding and fourth in blocks.
Martynas Bareika, Jr.-F
- 12 points on 3-6 FG, 2-5 3pt & 4-4 FT.
- Back-to-back double digit games…14th time this season with 10 or more, 16th of his career.