Elon at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Feb. 9, 2013
- The Lady Mocs improve to 20-3 overall and stay in first place in the SoCon race at 13-1 with a 63-40 win over Elon at McKenzie Arena tonight. Elon falls to 12-10 overall and 9-4 in SoCon action.
- Lady Mocs avenge their only SoCon loss of the season, a 70-60 overtime setback at Elon on Jan. 7.
- UTC's 10th straight win...last loss was 70-60 (OT) at Elon on Jan. 7.
- Tonight's attendance was 2,449...the third largest home crowd this season.
- Elon jumped out to a 14-5 lead over the first 10 minutes of the game...UTC closed the half on a 20-4 run to take a 25-18 lead into the break.
- The Lady Mocs are 17-1 when leading at the half.
- UTC opened the second half on a 13-4 run to put the game out of reach.
- Elon senior Ali Ford came into the game second in the SoCon in scoring at 17.0 ppg. She was held to a season-low five points tonight, including 0-7 from 3-pt. range.
- Elon was 0-12 from 3-pt. range in the game.
- Lady Mocs held Elon to a season-low 40 points...the 70 points by the Phoenix in the first meeting is the most UTC has allowed in conference play.
- Chattanooga is 10-0 at home this season, extending its home-winning streak to 23 games with tonight's win...Lady Mocs' longest winning streak in McKenzie Arena was 25 games from Dec. 4, 2004, through November 10, 2006.
- UTC was just 3-16 from 3-pt. range, tying for fewest made from behind the arc this season.
- Lady Mocs bench outscored Elon 31-8...Jackson and Dupree combined for 25 in 31 minutes.
- Chattanooga won the battle of the boards 46-36, despite the fact that the tally was even at 23 at the half. UTC is 14-0 this season when outrebounding its opponent.
- UTC turned 17 Elon turnovers into 18 points...UTC had forced at least 17 turnovers in three of the last four games.
- Lady Mocs are 18-3 all-time and 9-1 at home against Elon.
Kayla Christopher (Sr. - G)
- Season-high six assists.
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- 12 points on 5-12 shooting, 2-4 from the FT line.
- Added eight boards.
Faith Dupree (Jr. - F)
- 11 points in seven minutes off the bench.
- Shot 4-6 from the field, 1-1 from 3-pt. range and 2-2 from the FT line.
- First three of the season.
Tatianna Jackson (Fr. - G)
- Career-high and team-high 14 points off the bench.
- Shot 6-8 from the field and 2-2 from 3-pt. range.
- Career-high three assists.
- Added two steals and three boards.
- 10+ points in last two games...four this season.
- 21-32 (65.6%) from the field last six games.
- 349-112 at UTC (15 seasons)
- 549-167 overall (24 seasons)
- 13th 20 win season in 15 years at UTC.