Chattanooga Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at UNCG
Fleming Gym – Greensboro, N.C.
Saturday – Dec. 14, 2013
- UTC improved to 7-3 overall with an 86-53 win over UNCG in its Southern Conference opener today…UNCG dropped to 4-6.
- UTC is 33-6 all-time against UNCG…15-2 in Greensboro…16th straight win in the series.
- Chattanooga shot a season-high 56.7% (34-60) from the field.
- UNCG lead 24-22 with 5:30 left in the first half. UTC outscored UNCG 12-2 to close the half.
- Chattanooga’s 86 points are a season-high.
- Mocs had a season-high 22 assists on its 34 FGs.
- Chattanooga tied a season-high with seven blocks.
- UTC’s +14 (43-29) rebound margin is a season-high.
Ashlen Dewart – Sr.-F
- Team-high four assists.
- Added six points and three rebounds.
Aryanna Gilbert – Fr.-F
- Career-high 13 points.
- 6-8 from the field and 1-2 from the FT line.
- Added four rebounds.
Taylor Hall – Sr.-F
- Double-double with game-high 18 points and 10 boards.
- Fifth double-double in a row…sixth this season…14th of her career.
- Added two assists and three steals.
- Averaging 12.8 ppg, 12.5 rpg and 4.3 apg last four games.
- Season-low 30 minutes of action.
- Has played 374 of 400 possible minutes this season.
Whitney Hartlage – Fr.-G
- Career best nine points.
- Shot 4-7 from the field and 1-1 from the FT line.
- Had a total of eight points coming into the game.
Jasmine Joyner – Fr.-F
- Career-highs with five boards, three blocks, two assists and two steals.
- Added three points in 12 minutes.
Chelsey Shumpert – Fr.-G
- Tied a career-high with 12 points.
- Shot 4-5 from the field, 1-2 from 3-pt. range and 3-5 from the FT line.