Attached Photo (Credit: Tim Cowie/GoMocs.com): and the Chattanooga Mocs tee off Friday at the 3M Jaguar Intercollegiate
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.---The Chattanooga Mocs women’s golf team tees off Friday, March 14, at the 3M Jaguar Intercollegiate. The three-day, 54-hole event is played at Forest Hills Golf Club in Augusta, Ga.
The 14-team field is a strong one with 12 teams ranked in the top 100 in the nation by Golfstat. It’s headlined by No. 14 Vanderbilt and features five top 50 and seven more ranging from 61-98.
Click the live scoring link above to access tee times and scoring for the event.
3M JAGUAR INTERCOLLEGIATE
TOURNAMENT FIELD (Top 100 Ranking)
Boston College, (62) Campbell, (73) Chattanooga, (95) Coastal Carolina, (46) East Tennessee State, (34) GRU Augusta, (48) Illinois, (41) Kansas, (94) Lamar, (67) Mercer, (61) Purdue, Southern Miss, (98) Troy, (14) Vanderbilt
LAST TIME OUT
The Mocs shot the second-best final round of the tournament to jump into a fourth-place finish at the Kiawah Island Classic. Emily McLennan tied for fourth at 222 (+6) just two shots out of the lead.
Chattanooga heads to Charleston, S.C., March 24-25 for the Briar’s Creek Invitational at Briar’s Creek Golf Club.
• This is the first entry for the Mocs in the 3M Jaguar Intercollegiate. The 14-team field invades Forest Hills Golf Club in Augusta, Ga., a par 72, 6,214-yard tract.
• Purdue is the defending champion shooting +12 (876) a year ago.
• Chattanooga has shaved strokes off its scoring average which would rank as the best in school history if the season ended today. The squad is averaging 298.83 strokes per round in six spring rounds, 300.55 overall. The record for season scoring is 301.58 set in 2010-11.
• The Mocs are closing in on another record with nine of their 20 rounds under 300. Last year’s squad had nine all year (33 rounds). The school record is 11 (2008-09).
• Emily McLennan matched her career best finish tying for fourth at the Kiawah Island Classic. She shot rounds of 75, 76 and 71 for a total of +4, 222.
• McLennan is averaging 73.71 strokes per 18 over her last seven rounds.
• Her 71 in the final round of the Kiawah Island Classic fueled the Mocs’ score of 300 and allowed a jump to a fourth-place finish after starting the day in 10th.
• Jordan Britt is right behind McLennan over the last seven rounds with a 74.00 average. She has two of her six par or better rounds this season over that span.
• After two spring events, Agathe Sauzon has three of her team-high seven par or better rounds. The second 18 has been her lone struggle (79.00) compared to her 72.50 average over the first and final rounds.
• Chattanooga has posted five of the best team rounds in school history so far. The back-to-back 289’s at Starmount tie for sixth-best and were the lowest totals since shooting 278 (-10) in the final round of the 2011 JMU Eagle Landing Invitational. The 578 (+10) through 36 holes was a new school best topping 581 (+5) at the 2011 JMU Eagle Landing Invitational. The opening round 291 at the Central District Invite is tied for 10th and the 292’s at the Mercedes-Benz Championship and Central District are tied for 13th.
• Britt already set a school season record. She has four eagles which is two better than the previous record posted by Sauzon (2012-13), Mette Kryger (2011-12) and Marion Duvernay (2010-11). Britt had two at the Lady Pirate Intercollegiate. The six in her career is another record.
• Britt is second all-time with 16 career par or better rounds. Emma de Groot (2008-11) is first with 32. Jordan passed former teammate Christine Wolf (2008-11) who had 15.
• Chattanooga has won four straight conference titles and competed in six consecutive NCAA Regionals in the six years of the program’s existence.
• Britt is the team leader in scoring (74.23), pars (259), par or better holes (77.0%), fewest bogeys (79), fewest scores higher than bogey (12), par 4 (4.17) and par 5 (4.91) scoring.
• McLennan paces her squad in birdies (52).
• Sauzon also leads in par 3 scoring (3.16).
• Chattanooga has one win in this season capturing the UNCG Starmount Fall Classic. It won by two over Campbell. It’s the 15th tourney title in the six-plus years of the program.
• Sauzon led the way at Starmount Forest Country Club earning her second win. She tallied a three-under par 210 winning by three strokes. Sauzon and Emma de Groot (2008-11) are the only multiple winners for the Mocs.
• The 876 winning score at the Starmount Fall Classic is third lowest total behind 859 (-5) at the 2011 JMU Eagle Landing Invite and 866 (+2) for the 2009 JMU Eagle Landing Invite.
• The Mocs’ 54-hole mark of 885 at the Central District is tied for seventh-best total in school history.
• Britt won Southern Conference Golfer of the Week February 26 for her play at the Lady Bulldog Individual and Central District Invitational. It is her first conference weekly honor. She previously won 2012 Golfer of the Month for April.GoMocs.com is the official website of the Chattanooga Mocs. The Mocs can also be followed on their official Facebook page or on Twitter. Find out how to join the UTC Mocs Club and support more than 300 student-athletes by clicking here.