Player Development Complex
The Player Development Complex is a co-operative effort between the University, The First Tee of Chattanooga and the City of Chattanooga. It provides the Mocs golf teams a dedicated practice area on one end of the complex while The First Tee promotes golf to juniors in its own area as well.
Below is a breakdown of what the facility provides the Mocs. Its impact on the program is second to none nationally.
- Full range allows for comprehensive practice utilizing every club in the bag firing at numerous greens at various distances allowing a distance control mechanism.
- Five close-range greens allow for a phenomenal wedge-game practice experience.
- Practice Balls: Titleist Pro V1.
- Two full-size greens offer the Mocs the ability to prepare for Bent Grass and Bermuda greens throughout the season.
- With more than 16,000 square feet of space, drills and stations can be set up to maximize practice time and grow the game.
- Bunker areas around the practice greens offer real-time practice opportunities.
Pitching and chipping area
- Complete pitching and chipping area covers all aspects of short game preparation.
- It is an imaginative area where creativity can be applied to shots chosen and practiced.
- Fairway bunker work is available as well to allow the student-athlete the ability to work on every possible shot they may encounter.
- Three practice holes (2 Par 3, 1 Par 4) are available with various tees and yardages.
- Depending on utilization of tees, the holes can play as nine separate holes including a par 5 (560 yards).
- These holes build course management shot selection skills, while applying aspects from the various practice areas to the golf course.