MOCS MEN’S BASKETBALL NOTEBOOK
Game No. 2 | Chattanooga at Radford | Dedmon Center | Nov. 11, 2013
Will Wade and Radford Head Coach Mike Jones were assistant coaches on Shaka Smart’s staff at VCU. The duo aided the Rams’ epic 2011 run to the Final Four. They were together two seasons (2010 & 2011) before Jones left to lead the Highlanders program.
MOCS RECORD WHEN…
Chattanooga entered tonight losing its last 10 road openers. The last win came at Samford on November 22, 2002 (68-66). The program is 171-257 on the road in the DI era (1978-present).
IN THE PAINT
The Highlanders were tough on the inside. They held a 42-16 points in the paint advantage and bested the Mocs on the glass by 11 (45-34).
TALE OF TWO HALVES
Chattanooga shot a meager 27.6 percent (8-29) in the first half. That improved dramatically in the second making 43.8 percent (14-32). The performance beyond the arc mirrored the overall numbers. The Mocs hit 27.3% (3-11) of its 3pt attempts in the first 20 minutes and 41.2% (7-17) in the second.
- Tied for team-high honors with 17 points while adding three rebounds, three assists (0 TO’s) and a steal in 32 minutes of playing time.
- Was 8-8 from the FT line…made 14 straight FT’s to open career.
- 17 points on the night tying Pryor for the team lead.
- 4-11 FG, 1-2 3pt and 8-9 FT…15 of 16 from FT line to start the year, 93.8 percent.
- 2nd straight 13-point effort off the bench.
- Also had five rebounds and three steals.