The ladies in a light-hearted moment.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.---The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga women’s golf team received an at large bid into the NCAA Women’s Golf Tournament the NCAA announced on Monday. The Lady Mocs, in just their second season of competition, will travel to Columbus, Ohio and the Scarlet Course at The Ohio State University.
Chattanooga is in the Central Regional which will be played May 7-9 and hosted by OSU. The Lady Mocs are one of three Southern Conference teams to earn entry joined by automatic qualifier Furman and College of Charleston who will each travel to Gainesville, Fla., for the East Regional.
Each regional site features 21 teams and three individuals vying to advance to the NCAA Finals which will be held May 19-22 at Caves Valley Golf Club in Owings Mills, Md. The top eight teams from each region move on to Maryland, along with the top two individuals not on advancing teams.
The Central Regional features four top 10 teams headed by No. 2 UCLA. There are three more teams ranked in the top 25 in the Golfweek/Sagarin Ratings Index. The Lady Mocs are No. 46 in the latest rankings.
Central Regional Teams:
2. Oklahoma State (Big 12 Conference)
3. Purdue (Big Ten Conference)
4. Wake Forest (Atlantic Coast Conference)
5. Louisville (Big East Conference)
6. Kent State (Mid-American Conference)
7. Michigan State
8. Ohio State
10. New Mexico (Mountain West Conference)
11. Georgia State (Colonial Athletic Association)
12. Notre Dame
13. North Carolina State
18. Murray State (Ohio Valley Conference)
19. Illinois State (Missouri Valley Conference)
20. Harvard (Ivy Group)
21. Fairleigh Dickinson (Northeast Conference)
1. Kendall Dye, Oklahoma
2. Kayla Mortellaro, Idaho
3. Sara Wikstrom, Arkansas, Little Rock