Chattanooga Women's Golf Post-Round Notes
Southern Conference Championship – April 14-16, 2013 – Hilton Head, S.C.
- Chattanooga wins fourth straight Southern Conference title…all four have come in the five years the tourney has been at Moss Creek Golf Club.
- 895 is the lowest 54-hole total to win the event at Moss Creek besting UTC’s 900 winning by 30 in 2011…it is one off the tourney record of 894 by Western Carolina in 2003 (Waynesville, N.C.).
- Head Coach Colette Murray claimed her third SoCon Coach of the Year honor in the last four years.
- Chattanooga played with UNCG and Furman today…Paladins tied tournament record for low 18-hole score with 291.
- UTC played at level par on the par 3s and 5s for the event…+2 over last 108 holes on par 3s per counting scores.
- Tournament average score is 79.37 while the Mocs posted 74.58 strokes per round.
- Front Nine (Counters by Round): +16 (+4/+7/+5)...Agathe Sauzon and Isabella were -1 through nine holes today…Sauzon played the front side at even par for the tourney.
- Back Nine: +15 (+5/+5/+5)...Emily McLennan was -1 on the back nine…she was even on this nine for the three rounds.
Sophomore Agathe Sauzon
- Captured her first collegiate title today in a playoff with Mary Chandler Bryan…won the first hole with a birdie on one sticking her approach within three feet…it is the third straight medalist win for the Mocs (Emma de Groot 2011, Jordan Britt 2012).
- Even par 72 is her 4th par or better round for the mid-season enrollee.
- Hit 52 degree wedge from 96 yards out to within three feet to set up birdie on playoff hole.
- Named to All-SoCon team after joining program in January.
Freshman Emily McLennan
- Freshman of the Year…third time a Moc has won the award: Emma de Groot (2008) and Maria Salinas (2009).
Junior Jordan Britt
- Named to the All-SoCon team for a second year in a row.
- Eagles (Counters by Rounds): 1 (0/1/0). Sauzon 1 (0/1/0).
- Birdies (Counters by Rounds): 26 (9/9/8). Campbell 7 (4/3/0), McLennan 6 (2/2/2), Loza 6 (1/3/2), Sauzon 5 (1/1/3), Britt 4 (2/1/1).
- Pars (Counters by Rounds): 138 (48/43/47). Sauzon 40 (14/14/12), McLennan 38 (14/13/11), Britt 33 (12/8/13), Loza 32 (12/9/11), Campbell 23 (8/7/8).
- Par 3 (Counters by Rounds): E (+2/-3/+1). McLennan -2 (+1/-1/-1), Sauzon E (E/-1/+1), Loza +1 (+1/E/E), Campbell +2 (E/-1/+3), Britt +4 (+1/+2/+1).
- Par 4 (Counters by Rounds): +31 (+9/+13/+9). Sauzon +1 (+3/+2/-1), McLennan +8 (+1/+3/+4), Loza +8 (+2/+3/+3), Britt +13 (+1/+9/+3), Campbell +15 (+4/+5/+6).
- Par 5 (Counters by Rounds): E (-2/+2/E). Sauzon -2 (E/-2/E), McLennan -1 (-2/E/+1), Britt -1 (+1/-1/-1), Campbell +3 (-1/+1/+3), Loza +5 (+2/+3/E).