Chattanooga at The Citadel
Johnson Hagood Stadium - Charleston, S.C.
Saturday - Sept. 29, 2012
- The Mocs improved to 2-3 overall with a 28-10 at No. 10 The Citadel...UTC is 1-1 in SoCon play while the Bulldogs drop to 3-2 overall and 1-1 in league action.
- Biggest road win for the Mocs since a 30-9 victory at No. 10 Appalachian State on Oct. 8, 1983.
- Mocs defense allowed 122 yards in the first quarter...18 yards in the second quarter and 357 for the game.
- UTC's 13-play, 85-yard scoring drive in the third quarter extended the lead to 21-3...it was the Mocs' longest scoring drive of the season...they equaled that with a five-play, 85-yard drive in the fourth... Chattanooga's four scoring drives were 78, 82, 85 and 85 yards.
- The Mocs had a season-high 254 rushing yards on 49 attempts...it is the most rushing yards for UTC since putting up 265 against Western Carolina last season.
- UTC won the turnover battle 2-0 with a fumble recovery and an interception...UTC is +4 in the turnover margin for the season.
- The Citadel came into the game ranked No. 5 in the nation 327 rushing yards per game coming into tonight. The Mocs held the Bulldogs to 232 on the ground.
- The Bulldogs were 20th in the nation in scoring, averaging 34.5 ppg coming into the game...the Mocs held them to a season-low 10 points.
- UTC is 15-2 when scoring 28+ points in the Huesman era.
Shane Heatherly (Sr. - LB)
- Tied career-high with eight tackles for the second straight game.
- Added a fumble recovery in fourth quarter.
Jacob Huesman (Fr. - QB)
- 80 rushing yards on 14 carries.
- 11-14 passing for 73 yards and his sixth passing TD of the season.
- Six passing TDs ties Terrell Robinson (2011) for the third most by a UTC freshman in school history.
Russ Huesman (Head Coach - 4th Year)
- 19-19 overall...13-13 in the SoCon.
- 3-1 against The Citadel...2-0 in Charleston.
- 7-6 in SoCon road games.
- 5-10 against ranked FCS opponents.
Kendrix Huitt (Fr. - RB)
- 57 yards on eight carries in first significant action.
- First career touchdown.
D.J. Key (Jr. - DB)
- Tied a career-high with a game-high 12 tackles.
- Second game this season with 10+ and sixth of his career.
Ron Moore (So. - WR)
- Finished with a game-high four catches for 76 yards.
- Blocked a punt in the first quarter.
- 51-yard reception was UTC's longest play from scrimmage this season.
- Five of 11 career receptions have been for 20+ yards...four for TDs.
Terrell Robinson (So. - QB)
- Team-high 97 yards rushing and one TD on 22 carries.
- 4-5 passing for 73 yards and one TD.
- Sixth rushing TD of his career...first of the season.
- Eighth passing TD of his career...second of the season.
Kadeem Wise (Jr. - DB)
- Recorded his first INT of the season in the 4th quarter...ninth of his career, tying head coach Russ Huesman (1978-81), former teammate Jordan Tippit (2008-11) and Quintez Smith (2003-06) for No. 6 all-time at UTC.
- Finished with eight tackles and a PBU.