Chattanooga Football Postgame Notes
No. 17 Appalachian State at Chattanooga
Finley Stadium - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - September 22, 2012
- UTC falls to 10-26 all-time against Appalachian State after a 34-17 loss... The Mocs have lost 8 straight to the Mountaineers with the last win coming on Oct. 30, 2004 in a 59-56 contest.
- Attendance of 13,726 is the 6th largest all-time at Finley Stadium and the 4th largest in the Huesman Era... It is the largest crowd since October 16, 2010 when 17,414 were in attendance vs. Georgia Southern.
- The Mocs fall to 10-5 in the Russ Huesman era when leading after the 1st quarter.
- Appalachian State is the only SoCon team Huesman has not defeated in his tenure at UTC.
- UTC is 10-26 all-time against ASU ... The Mountaineers have won 25 of the last 28 ... UTC is 2-6 against ASU in Finley Stadium.
- The Mocs were stopped on five of their first six third-down attempts before converting seven of their last 10.
- The Mocs made their first red-zone stand of the season, stopping ASU on fourth-and-1 from the 10-yard line.
- ASU's Brandon Grier had a 70-yard interception return for a TD ... the last time the Mocs gave up a pick-6 was last season against Appalachian State when Jeremy Kimbrough ran one back 46 yards for a score.
- UTC had led or been within a point in the fourth quarter in each of the last four games against Appalachian State. The game was tied at 10 until ASU hit the go-ahead FG with 14:01 left in the contest.
Marlon Anthony (Jr. - WR)
- Caught 1st pass of the year on an 11 yard reception in the 1st quarter.
-1st first start of the season at wide receiver.
-Caught 1st touchdown of 2012 on an 8 yard score in the 1st quarter.
- Finished with five catches for 48 yards.
Wes Dothard (Jr. - LB)
- Recorded a season-high 13 tackles.
- 6th game of his career with 10+ tackles.
- Had one TFL.
Shane Heatherly (Sr. - LB)
- Tied career-high with 8 tackles.
Jacob Huesman (QB - Fr.)
- 16-28 for 140 yards, one TD and two INTs.
- Ran nine times for 16 yards.
Russ Huesman (Head Coach - 4th Year)
- 18-19 overall...12-13 in the SoCon.
- 0-4 against Appalachian State.
- 10-7 at Finley Stadium...6-7 in home conference games.
- 3-1 in Homecoming games.
- 4-10 against ranked FCS opponents.
Keith Mayes (So. - S)
- 1st start of his career at safety.
- Finished with four tackles.
Chaz Moore (Jr. - DB)
- Grabbed 1st interception of 2012, the 3rd of his career.
- Career-high seven tackles.
Nick Pollard (So.- K/P)
- Career long 60 yard punt in the 1st quarter.
- 42.7 yard average on seven punts...two I20.
Terrell Robinson (So. - QB)
- Threw his 1st TD pass of the season in the 4th quarter.
- Finished 4-7 for 43 yards.
Faysal Shafaat (So. - TE)
-Career-high 58 yards on 5 catches.
-Scored his 2nd TD of 2012 on a 2 yard pass from Robinson.
Davis Tull (So. - DE)
- Picked up his 4th sack of the year.
- Forced his 2nd fumble of the year.
- Finished with a season-high seven tackles.