Chattanooga Football Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at Alabama
Bryant-Denny Stadium – Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Saturday - Nov. 23, 2013
- The Mocs fall to 8-4 overall after a 49-0 loss at No. 1 Alabama. The top-ranked Crimson Tide improve to 11-0.
- Chattanooga shares the Southern Conference title with Furman and Samford, who both won today, posting 6-2 league records.
- Alabama’s Christion Jones had a 75-yard punt return for a TD in the second quarter. The last time the Mocs gave up a punt return for a TD was a 66-yarder by Alabama’s Javier Arenas on Nov. 21, 2009. Chattanooga came into the game No. 15 in the FCS in net punting (38.2).
- Last time the Mocs visited Alabama in 2009, they had 84 yards of total offense in the game. UTC put up 72 in the first half today.
- Chattanooga tied a season-high with seven punts today…same number they had in the season-opener against UT Martin.
- Alabama’s 435 yards of total offense is the most allowed by UTC since giving up 451 to UT Martin in the first game of the season…it is just the third time this year the Mocs have allowed 400 yards of total offense (Appalachian State’s 424 was the other).
- Chattanooga played in front of the largest crowd in school history with today’s attendance of 100,179…the previous high was also at Alabama – 92,012 in 2009.
- UTC was flagged six times for 50 yards…the Mocs had just 10 penalties in the previous four game combined…Chattanooga came into the game No. 3 in the FCS in fewest penalties (3.73) and No. 6 in the FCS in fewest penalty yards (37.8).
Terrell Robinson – Jr.-QB
- 10-15 passing for 82 yards and one INT.
- Led the team in rushing with 37 yards on 13 carries.
D.J. Key – Sr.-DB
- Tied for team-high with 10 tackles.
- Tied with Ron Fague (1994-97) for 10th all-time at UTC with 293 tackles.
- 10th career game with 10+ tackles.
Chaz Moore – Sr.-DB
- Career-high 10 tackles.
- Had two TFLs and one PBU.