Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball
Chattanooga at Samford
Pete Hanna Center - Birmingham, Ala.
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013
- The Lady Mocs held on for a 66-60 win over Samford on the road. UTC improves to 15-3 overall and 8-1 in SoCon action. The Bulldogs move to 9-9 overall and 6-3 in league play.
- The win is Chattanooga's fifth straight, it's longest win streak of the season...UTC won the first four games of the season before falling to Saint Mary's (CA) then won the next four before losing at Auburn.
- UTC started the game making 6-of-8, including three 3-pointers, for a 15-0 lead...Lady Mocs then went 0-for-8 with just one free throw over the next 6:45...Chattanooga went 4-of-16 in the final 9:11 of the first half making 34.
- Chattanooga was 14-of-26 (53.8%) in the second half.
- The Lady Mocs led wire-to-wire
- Samford started the second half with a 13-4 run to cut Chattanooga's lead to 34-32 with 16:37 to play... the Lady Mocs went on a 15-6 run to make it 49-38 with 9:36 to play, UTC largest lead over the remainder of the game.
- UTC scored eight points in the final three minutes and held Samford to four over that time for the 66-60 win.
- 32 rebounds is the third fewest UTC has had this season
- 31 points by Jazmine Martin is the most points given up to an opposing player this season
- Chattanooga is 11-6 against Samford, all in the Wes Moore era, and 4-4 on the road...this was Chattanooga's first win at Samford since Feb. 28, 2009
Kayla Christopher (Sr. - G)
- 12 points on 5-of-12 shooting, 2-of-5 from free throw line
- moved to 18th on the Lady Mocs' all-time scoring chart with 1,183 points.
- Added six rebounds, five assists and three steals
- Tied a season-high in steals and assists.
- Fourth straight double-digit game, 14th of the year
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- Team-high 14 points on 5-of-14 shooting, 4-of-5 from free throw line.
- scored eight of Chattanooga's final 11 points
- 11th game as leading scorer
Taylor Hall (Jr. - F)
- 12 points on 5-of-10 shooting, 2-of-3 from 3-point line.
- Made first two 3-pointers of the game
- Added two rebounds
Tatianna Jackson (Fr. - G)
- 9 points on 4-of-6 shooting, 1-of-2 from free throw line
- Added a team-high and career-high nine rebounds
- Had two assists and three steals
- Played a career-high 26 minutes
Meghan Downes (Jr. - G)
- 7 points on 3-of-8 shooting, 1-of-3 3-pointers
- Made second career start
544-168 (.764) - 24th year
344-112 (.754) - 15th year at UTC