The Citadel at Chattanooga
Finley Stadium – Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday – Oct. 26, 2013
- The Mocs improve to 6-2 overall and 4-1 in SoCon action with today’s 28-24 win over The Citadel. The Bulldogs fall to 2-6 overall and 2-4 in SoCon play.
- Chattanooga gets its 500th win in 106 seasons of college football. UTC is 500-505-35.
- The Citadel had 17 points on 215 yards of total offense in the first half…most points in a half since giving up 17 at No. 15 Georgia Southern on Sept. 28. Bulldogs were held to just seven points and 180 yards of total offense in the second half. The Citadel ran 18 plays but had just 27 yards in the fourth quarter.
- The Mocs trailed 24-21 heading into the fourth quarter. This is the fifth, fourth quarter comeback in the Huesman era (since 2009). Mocs are 5-16 when trailing after three quarters under Huesman.
- Jacob Huesman scored the go-ahead TD on a 13-yard run with 2:20 left in the game.
- The Citadel’s 395 yards of total offense are the most allowed by UTC since giving up 451 in the 31-21 season-opening loss to UT Martin on Aug. 29.
- The Citadel’s Dalton Trevino had a 61-yard TD run in the third quarter…longest run against the Mocs this season. The Mocs trailed 24-14 with 6:24 left in the third quarter after Trevino’s run.
- The Mocs forced a fumble in the second quarter for the only turnover of the game. It is the first time since the Western Carolina game on Oct. 5 that UTC has won the turnover battle.
- The Mocs are 6-2 for the first time since 1997. UTC has won four-straight league games for the second time under Huesman (2010).
- The Mocs did not post 200 rushing yards for the first time since the season opener against UT Martin. UTC had 197 rushing yards before taking a knee on the last three plays of the game.
C.J. Board – Fr.-WR
- Career-high and game-high five catches.
- Career-high and game-high 59 yards.
- Big second-down catch for 28 yards over the middle on the game-winning drive.
Xavier Borishade – Fr.-WR
- 33-yard TD in the third quarter…first of his career.
- First catch since the Georgia State game on Sept. 7.
Keionta Davis – Fr.-DE
- Had two tackles in the game.
- Both were sacks on the Mocs last defensive stand in the fourth quarter.
- Credited with 1.5 sacks…first of his career.
Marquis Green – Jr.-RB
- Season-high 85 yards on 16 carries.
Jacob Huesman – So.-QB
- 13-23 for 144 yards and two TDs.
- 4-11 for 28 yards in the first half.
- Ran 13 times for 95 yards and the game-winning TD.
- Ties his totals from last season with his seventh rushing TD and his 13th passing TD.
- Caught a pass for eight yards.
D.J. Key – Sr. –DB
- Tied a career-high with 13 tackles…10 at the half.
Nick Pollard – Jr.-P/K
- Tied a career-high with five punts inside the 20.
- Four punts downed inside the six (6, 3, 4, 1).
- 39.2 yard average on six punts.
- Went 4-4 on PATs to remain perfect on the season (34-34).
Faysal Shafaat – Jr.-TE
- 5th receiving TD of the season…first since at Georgia State on Sept. 7.
- Finished with two catches for 11 yards.
Keon Williams – Jr.-RB
- Mocs leading rusher (98.1 ypg) was injured on the opening kickoff and did not return.