Chattanooga at Samford
Siebert Stadium (7,600) – Birmingham, Ala.
Saturday – Nov. 16, 2013
- The Chattanooga Mocs had their school-record six-game SoCon winning streak snapped with a 17-14 overtime loss at Samford today. The Mocs drop to 8-3 overall and 6-2 in SoCon play. The Bulldogs are 7-4, 5-2 in league action.
- Samford, UTC and Furman (6-5, 5-2 SoCon) are still in the hunt for the automatic bid to the FCS Playoffs. UTC is done with SoCon play, while Samford hosts Elon and Furman hosts Wofford next week.
- The Mocs are 0-3 in overtime games in the Russ Huesman era.
- Samford came into the game leading the SoCon and No. 13 in the FCS in passing offense (308.4), but were held to just 199 today…lowest total in a SoCon game for the Bulldogs this season.
- The Mocs had a season-high 302 passing yards today. It was the most by UTC since posting 319 against Samford on Nov. 13, 2010.
- Samford’s 92-yard TD pass by Andy Summerlin to Chris Cehpus is the longest pass play against the Mocs on record … previous long was by Appalachian State’s Richie Williams to DaVon Fowlkes for 89 yards in a 59-56 UTC win over the No. 17 Mountaineers at home on Oct. 30, 2004.
- Wes Dothard’s 70-yard pick-6 in the fourth quarter is tied for the fourth longest INT return in school history.
- Chattanooga had 406 yards of total offense, the most since putting up 432 against Western Carolina on Oct. 5.
- Chattanooga dominated time of possession 37:32 to 22:28.
- UTC was 1-4 in the red zone today.
- The Mocs are 1-9 in games decided by three points or less in the Russ Huesman era…0-2 this season.
- The Mocs were outrushed for just the fourth time this season (112-104).
Wes Dothard – Sr.-LB
- Three tackles, including ½ for loss.
- 4th career INT for Dothard … second pick-6…third defensive score of his career.
- 296 career tackles… passes Ron Fague (1994-97) for 8th all-time at UTC.
Marquis Green – Jr.-RB
- 25 yards on nine carries.
- Career-best six catches for 60 yards.
Jacob Huesman – So.-QB
- 28-34 passing for 265 yards and one TD.
- Career-highs for completions, attempts and yards.
- Played on a sore knee that limited his rushing.
- Sacked five times for a loss of 21 yards…ran 10 times for 21 yards.
- Came into the game No. 4 in the SoCon in rushing at 89.6 yards per game.
Chaz Moore – Sr.-DB
- Tied a career-high with eight tackles.
- Career-best 2.0 TFLs.
Faysal Shafaat – Jr.-TE
- Tied a career-high with six catches for 41 yards and a TD.
- Career-best and team-high sixth TD catch of the season.
- 13th receiving TD of his career ties his with Joel Bradford (2008-11), Jason Jones (2000-04) and Vince Stafford (1970-72) for No. 6 all-time at UTC.
Davis Tull – Jr.-DE
- Tied a career-best with three QBHs.
- Added eight tackles and two TFLs.