Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Furman vs. Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena – Chattanooga, Tenn.
Monday – Jan. 20, 2014
- The Chattanooga women’s basketball team improved to 16-3 overall, 8-0 in Southern Conference action, with a 62-44 win over Furman this afternoon. Furman dropped to 10-8 and 4-3 in SoCon play.
- The Mocs extended the longest home court winning streak in the nation to 34 games…last home loss in the regular season was against Appalachian State (57-56) on Feb. 14, 2011.
- UTC has won 12-straight overall.
- The Mocs have won 24-straight SoCon games…last loss was a 70-60 overtime defeat at Elon on Jan. 7, 2013.
- The win was Chattanooga's 200th program victory in the Roundhouse since it opened in 1983.
- UTC has won 25 of the last 26 against Furman…45-21 overall, 21-9 in Chattanooga. Last loss in the series was a 75-61 setback on Feb. 6, 2012 in Greenville…last home loss was a 68-62 defeat on Feb. 11, 2002…12th straight win at home against Furman.
- UTC first year head coach Jim Foster is now ONE WIN AWAY from 800 for his career. His 36-year mark stands at 799-310. The 2013 Hall of Fame inductee is the only coach in NCAA Division I history - men or women - to lead three different teams to at least 200 wins (St. Joseph’s: 248, Vanderbilt: 256, Ohio State: 279).
- UTC’s 62 points are the fewest in a SoCon game this season.
- UTC led 26-14 with 1:17 left in the first half…Furman’s Brittany Hodges scored an and-1 and Holli Wilkins hit a three just before the horn to cut the halftime deficit to 26-20.
- Second-straight game, third overall this season, the Mocs have held their opponent to 20 points or less in the first half.
- UTC outrebounded Furman 47-31…second most boards this season…+37 in rebounds over the last two games.
- Season-high 18 offensive rebounds…13-7 advantage in second-chance points.
- Furman had 14 turnovers in the game…UTC has forced double-digit turnovers in every game this season…19-2 advantage in points off of turnovers.
- Furman’s 44 points were a season-low…Paladins shot a season-low 30.6% (15-49) from the field.
Alex Black – Sr.-G
- Tied for team-high with 12 points.
- Shot 5-9 from the field, 2-2 from the FT line.
- Season-high five boards.
- Tied a career-high with three steals.
- No turnovers last seven games…only nine this season…five in the first three games.
Taylor Hall – Sr.-F
- Three assists shy of a triple-double, adding 12 points and 11 boards.
- Ninth double-double of the season.
- Fifth game with 7+ assists…came into today tied for SoCon lead with 4.6 apg.