Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at Davidson
Belk Arena – Davidson, N.C.
Saturday – Feb. 1, 2014
- The Chattanooga Mocs scored a 63-50 win at Davidson today. UTC wins its 14th-straight game to improve to 18-3 overall and 10-0 in SoCon action. Davidson came into the game second in the Southern Conference but falls to 7-3 in league play and 10-11 overall.
- The Mocs have won 26-straight SoCon games…last loss was a 70-60 overtime defeat at Elon on Jan. 7, 2013.
- Chattanooga leads the series 35-9; 16-6 on the road…UTC has won the last six games against the Wildcats and 10 of the last 11…This is the second meeting between the two teams this year. UTC won the previous 72-64.
- Head coach Jim Foster won his 801st game today…11th women’s coach in the NCAA to reach that mark. His 36-year mark stands at 800-310. The 2013 Hall of Fame inductee is the only coach in NCAA Division I history - men or women - to lead three different teams to at least 200 wins (St. Joseph’s: 248, Vanderbilt: 256, Ohio State: 279).
- UTC is 14-0 when leading at the half.
- One off a season-high with nine blocks, led by Jasmine Joyner’s school-record-tying seven.
- The Mocs have won four-straight SoCon games by 10+ points.
- UTC shot a season-high 86.7% (13-15) from the FT line.
- Chattanooga has season-lows for assists (9) and steals (3).
Alex Black – Sr.-G
- 16 points on 6-8 shooting, 4-5 from 3-pt. range.
- Second time this season with four threes.
- Fifth game in double-figures.
Taylor Hall – Sr.-F
- Team-high 17 points on 5-14 shooting, 1-2 from 3-pt. range and 6-7 from the FT line.
- Team-high nine boards.
- 17 points shy of 1,000 for her career.
Jasmine Joyner – Fr.-F
- Tied a school-record with seven blocks.
- Most since Alex Anderson had seven against College of Charleston on Feb. 23, 2008.
- Anderson also had seven against Georgia Southern on Feb. 20, 2006.
- Added seven points on 3-5 shooting, 1-2 from the FT line.
- Also had eight boards.