MOCS MEN’S BASKETBALL NOTEBOOK
Game No. 29 | Chattanooga at UNCG | Greensboro Coliseum | Feb. 23, 2014
- Chattanooga loses 88-84 at UNCG in Greensboro Coliseum Sunday afternoon…the Mocs are 16-13, 10-4 in the Southern Conference, while the Spartans are 13-16, 6-8 in the league.
- With the loss, the Mocs are tied for third in the SoCon with Wofford and Western Carolina…we’re a half-game behind Elon in second…if the tourney started today, the Mocs would be the three seed.
- Chattanooga leads the series 19-16…it’s tied 8-8 in Greensboro.
- Mocs are now 2-11 when trailing at the half…Spartans led 42-37 at the break.
- The two teams combined for 57 fouls…the 31 by UNCG is a season high for an opponent.
- The fouling led to season highs for Chattanooga in free throws made (34) and attempted (45) shooting 75.6 percent…UNCG’s 25 made ties Radford for the most by an opposing squad in 2013-14.
- The Mocs turned the ball over 16 times which led to 23 Spartan points…those 16 miscues are a season high for the squad in a league game.
- Chattanooga did win an important battle and that was on the glass with a plus-10 margin, 45-35…it got double-doubles from Z. Mason and Casey Jones…1st time since Jan.16 at Appalachian State that two student-athletes had a double-double in the same game…9th time the squad has been +10 or better.
- The Mocs shot just 39 percent (23-59) from the field and 23.5 percent (4-17) from 3pt range…on the flip side, UNCG shot 53.8 percent from beyond the arc.
- Chattanooga topped the 80-point mark for the 13th occasion...11th time it’s allowed 80 or more points.
Casey Jones, So.-F
- 21 points and 11 rebounds…5th 20-point game of his career, all this season.
- 3rd double-double, 1st 20 & 10 night.
- Seven of his rebounds came on the offensive glass.
Z. Mason, Sr-F
- 19 points and 11 rebounds…new career highs making 12 free throws and attempting 16.
- 13th double-double this season is a new school record breaking tie with Lance Fulse (1987-88) and Keith Nelson (1990-91)…20 for his career which is third in school history behind Nelson (23) and Fulse (21).
- 23rd time in double digits this season, 51st of his career.
- 1,104 points, 640 rebounds and 118 blocks…ranks 13th, fourth and tied for second, respectively, in those categories.
Gee McGhee, So.-G
- 12 points on 4-7 from the floor and 4-5 from the free throw line.
- 11 of his 12 points came in the second half.
- 15th double-digit game of the season, 36th of his career.
Ronrico White, Jr.-G
- 11 points in 25 minutes
- 14th game with 10 or more points this year, 34th of his career.
- Topped 700 points with his first basket…now with 709.
T.J. Williams, Fr.-F
- Six points and three rebounds in 11 minutes of playing time…all are highs against SoCon competition.
- Nice spark off the bench in the first half with four points and three boards in nine minutes in the opening frame.