MOCS WOMEN’S GOLF NOTEBOOK
Southern Conference Championship | April 13-15, 2014
- Chattanooga won its fifth straight Southern Conference champion…most consecutive titles since Furman won the first nine (1994-02).
- The Mocs claimed their fourth straight medalist (Emily McLennan)…she’s the fourth different student-athlete to claim the crown joining Emma de Groot (2011), Jordan Britt (2012) and Agathe Sauzon (2013)…it’s the first time in league history a school has had four different medalists in consecutive years.
- 915 is the second highest winning total in Chattanooga’s five-year run…that said, it’s the fourth lowest championship score in the six years the title has been decided at Moss Creek Golf Club.
- In one way, the Mocs were three times better in round two than round one. After 24 bogeys on the first 18’s counting cards, the quartet had just eight on the second.
- Even in the mess of a day for the final round, the team recorded its highest birdie total with 10 shooting -2 on the par 3’s.
Sophomore Emily McLennan
- First collegiate win...5th top 10 of the season, ninth career.
- 222 total matches Britt’s winning score from 2012 SoCon Champ.
- -4 on the par 5’s for the tournament.
Senior Jordan Britt
- Third-place finish is third top three in the event for her (2nd 2011, 1st 2012).
- 7th top 10, 6th top 5…the six top 5’s ties the school record for a season (de Groot-2007-08).
- 2nd round 69 is her third round in the 60’s this season, fourth career…10th par or better card of 2013-14, 19 for her four years.
Sophomore Isabella Loza
- Tie for sixth is her first career top 10.
- Final round 76 in the wind and rain tied for the third-best round of the day.
Junior Agathe Sauzon
- Recorded fourth top 10 of 2013-14, sixth career.