Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Jacksonville State vs. Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Wednesday - Dec. 12, 2012
- The Lady Mocs improve to 8-1 with a 72-59 win over Jacksonville State...JSU falls to 0-9 on the year.
- UTC has equaled its best start to a season in the Wes Moore ... Lady Mocs were also 8-1 to start the 1999-00 season, Coach Moore's second at UTC.
- Chattanooga improves to 8-1 all-time against Jacksonville State ... 6-0 in Chattanooga and 3-0 under Wes Moore ... last time these two teams met was an 80-73 UTC win on Dec. 12, 1999.
- Lady Mocs win their 18th straight at home ... UTC is 5-0 in 2012-13 and has not lost in McKenzie Arena since the final game of the 2010-11 season (68-66 OT vs. Samford in the 2011 SoCon Tournament).
- UTC is 6-0 when scoring 70+ points.
- Lady Mocs are now 7-0 when leading at the half.
- UTC attempted a season-high 73 field goals ... made 25 ... 34.2% from the field is a season-low.
- Lady Mocs 33 3-pt. FG attempts were the second highest this season (38 at St. Mary's) ... made 6 ... 18.2% from behind the arc is a season-low.
- UTC committed a season-low five turnovers.
- Chattanooga was whistled for a season-low six fouls.
- Lady Mocs dominated the offensive glass, scoring 24 second-chance points on 23 offensive boards ... JSU managed 14 second-chance points on 11 offensive boards.
- JSU's bench outscored UTC 28-17.
- UTC started the game 5-9 from three-point range but made just one of the next 24 shots from deep.
- Jacksonville State shot a season-high 43.9% (25-57) from the field.
- JSU tied a season-high with five 3-pt. FGs made (5-15).
- The Gamecocks had a season-high six blocks.
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- Game-high 22 points ... fourth game this season with 20+ points.
- Shot 9-15 from the field and 4-6 from the FT line.
- Game-high nine rebounds.
- Shooting 27-41 (65.9%) from the field last three games.
- Averaging 22.8 ppg and 9.0 rpg last four games.
- 20+ points in three of last four games.
Kayla Christopher (Sr. - G)
- 10 points on 4-10 shooting, 2-6 from 3-pt. range.
- 1,075 career points...three shy of UTC's top-20 all-time.
- Added four rebounds and three assists.
Kylie Lambert (Sr. - G)
- Solid game with nine points, six boards and three assists.
- Shot 3-5 from the field and 1-1 from 3-pt. range.
- Came into the game 7-29 (24.1%) from the field in her previous four games.
Ka'Vonne Towns (So. - G)
- Nine points off the bench.
- Shot 4-8 from the field and 1-3 from 3-pt. range.
- Added four boards, two assists and a steal.