Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Wofford at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena – Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday – Jan. 25, 2014
- The Chattanooga women’s basketball team posted a 75-36 win over Wofford tonight. UTC improved to 15-3 overall and 7-0 in the Southern Conference. Wofford dropped to 3-14 and 1-5 in SoCon action.
- The Mocs extended the longest home court winning streak in the nation to 33 games…last home loss in the regular season was against Appalachian State (57-56) on Feb. 14, 2011.
- UTC has won 11-straight overall.
- The Mocs have won 23-straight SoCon games…last loss was a 70-60 overtime defeat at Elon on Jan. 7, 2013.
- Chattanooga improves to 10-0 when scoring 70+ points in a game.
- UTC has won 33-straight against Wofford…38-2 overall, 19-0 in Chattanooga. Last loss in the series was a 70-57 setback in the SoCon tournament on Feb. 26, 1998.
- UTC first year head coach Jim Foster is now two wins away from 800 for his career. His 36-year mark stands at 798-310. The 2013 Hall of Fame inductee is the only coach in NCAA Division I history - men or women - to lead three different teams to at least 200 wins (St. Joseph’s: 248, Vanderbilt: 256, Ohio State: 279).
- The Mocs had season-highs for rebounds (50), blocks (10), steals (13) and assists (23). On the down side, UTC also tied a season-high with 18 turnovers.
- Wofford scored a season-low 36 points, the fewest allowed by Chattanooga this season.
- With 18:03 left in the game, Ashlen Dewart scored her 17th point on a layup…Wofford had 16 points as a team at that time (41-16).
- All 13 Mocs who played in the game scored.
Alex Black – Sr.-G
- Tied a career-high with two blocks.
- Scored four points on 2-5 shooting.
- Season-high four rebounds.
- No turnovers last six games…only nine this season…five in the first three games.
Ashlen Dewart – Sr.-F
- Game-high 19 points.
- Shot 9-15 from the field, 1-2 from the FT line.
- Added six boards.
- Third-straight game in double figures…10th overall this season.
Meghan Downes – Sr.-G
- Eight points in 14 minutes off the bench.
- Went 3-3 from the field, 2-2 from 3-pt. range.
- Added two assists and three boards.
- 23 points on 8-13 (61.5%) shooting, 5-8 (67.5%) from 3-pt. range in last three games.
Taylor Hall – Sr.-F
- Tied a career-high with a game-high three blocks.
- Season-low four points on 2-5 shooting.
- Added six boards in a season-low 23 minutes.
- Tied for team-high with three steals.
Moses Johnson – Fr.-F
- Tied a season-high with six rebounds.
- 14 minutes off the bench.