MOCS WOMEN’S GOLF NOTEBOOK
Briar’s Creek Invitational | March 24-25, 2014
- Chattanooga’s final round 294 is its seventh-best total of 2013-14 and second lowest in a final 18…shot 291 to close out the Central District Invitational in February.
- The 294 is the 11th team card under 300 this season…that ties the school record set in 2008-09…that squad advance to the NCAA Championship.
- The Mocs played the par 5’s at -1...5th time the squad has been under par for an event on the par 5’s…played the four such holes at -4 over the final 36.
- Chattanooga was just +7 on the par 3’s…6th occasion playing them at +9 or better…ties Central District effort for second best behind +3 at the Kiawah Island Classic.
- All five of the teams that beat the Mocs are ahead of their current No. 72 spot in the national rankings…finished a mere two shots behind No. 11 Clemson…beat for top 50 teams in No. 40 Kansas (2 strokes), No. 46 Wisconsin (6), No. 44 East Tennessee State (6) and No. 48 Illinois (18).
- Set a new season low for others (scores high than bogey) with five.
Sophomore Emily McLennan
- 54-hole score of 220 ties for her career-best total.
- 3rd top 10 tying for seventh at +4.
- 71 (-1) today is her fifth par or better round of the season, seventh career.
- Led the event with a career-high 40 pars.
- Played par or better on 45 of her 54 holes (83.3%)…5 birdies, 40 pars and nine bogeys.
Junior Agathe Sauzon
- Recorded third top 10 of 2013-14, fifth career in 17 events tying for ninth.
- Posted two level par efforts in the first and final rounds…7th and eighth of the season and 11th and 12th of her career.
- Team-high eight birdies…3rd time she’s had eight or more with a high of 10 winning the Starmount Fall Classic.
- Squad leader at +4 on the par 4’s.
Senior Jordan Britt
- 7th Top 25 tying for 22nd shooting 225.
- Four second round birdies…4th time she’s had four or more this year.
- Team leader on the par 5’s at -3.
- Tied McLennan and Isabella Loza for low honors on the par 3’s at +1.