UTC was out on Scrappy Moore Field and the Murphy-Haugerud Football Practice Complex at 7:45 a.m. (E.D.T.). Trying to beat the heat, and the summer rain that fell later in the day, the Mocs put in 25 periods of preparation.
The start of camp has garnered plenty of attention around the Scenic City. Be sure to check out the extensive news coverage as Chattanooga prepares for its Sept. 1 kickoff at South Florida.
- GoMocs.com - Rain Dampens Opening Day of Practice (Highlights & Interviews Included)
- Chattanooga Times Free Press - Mocs coach Russ Huesman 'concerned'
- Chattanoogan.com - Another Coach Satterfield with the Mocs
- WDEF-TV - QB Battle Highlights Start of Mocs Fall Practice (Highlights & Interviews Included)
- WRCB-TV - Mocs Open Preseason Football Camp
- WTVC-TV - Vols, Mocs Begin Fall FB Drills
Below is a full photo gallery of shots taken by Dale Rutemeyer covering the first two days of practice. Remember that all practices are open to the public and fans are encouraged to make the short trek down the Tennessee Riverwalk to check out the latest addition of the Mocs. UTC will be back at it on Sunday at 7:45 a.m. and a full camp schedule is available here. Also be sure to check out the updated Summer Prospectus located on the sidebar of the football page on GoMocs.com.
Huesman to Speak at the UTC Mocs Club Meeting
Head Coach Russ Huesman is scheduled to speak at the next UTC Mocs Club meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 7. The UTC Mocs Club meeting takes place in the Hall of Fame room on the fourth floor of McKenzie Arena. Refreshments are served at 6:45 and the meeting starts at 7:00 p.m. Anyone is invited to attend the meeting and more information on the UTC Mocs Club is available here. Come join hear coach Huesman talk about the 2012 football season and Join the Team Behind Our Teams. For more information contact the Director of the UTC Mocs Club Caleb Whitted (email@example.com or (423) 425-4773).