Basketball Postgame Notes
Southeast Missouri at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn. - Nov. 18, 2012
- Chattanooga lost 77-65 against Southeast Missouri on Day 1 of the CBE Classic...UTC is now 1-2, while SEMO is 3-1.
- Today was the first meeting between the Mocs and Red Hawks.
- Head Coach John Shulman is 133-129 in his ninth season...he is now 0-1 vs. SEMO.
- UTC is now 93-47 in in-season tournament play.
- The Red Hawks got 37 points from its bench, 32 in the second half...Corey Wilford scored all of his game-high 21 points after intermission, while Marland Smith netted 11 of his 16 reserve points after the break.
- Chattanooga won the battle of the boards 38-35...grabbed 18 offensive boards which is the most against a DI opponent since 22 at Appalachian State (2/15/12)...had a 24-2 advantage in second chance points...allowed SEMO just three on the offensive glass...the Mocs hold a 63-18 advantage on second-chance points for the season.
- The Red Hawks shot lights out in the second half making 16 of 23 (69.6%).
- UTC's defense forced 16 turnovers while committing just 10 of their own...made nine steals which is the most against a DI opponent since making 10 vs. Savannah State (11/25/11)...Lance Stokes (3) and Casey Jones (2) had five and nine thefts for the Mocs...Stokes tied his career high as did Jones.
- 42 points for the Mocs ties season-high for second half...SEMO's 48 (41 by Kansas) is a new season high for an opponent as was its 29 in the first half (28 by Kansas).
- The six-point halftime deficit was a first for the Mocs this season.
Junior Z. Mason
- 14 points and six rebounds...7th career double-figure scoring night, 3rd of 2012-13.
- Shot 4-10 from the field, 1-3 3pt and 5-6 from the FT line.
Senior Drazen Zlovaric
- 14 points and seven rebounds...22nd double-digit scoring game, 3rd of the year.
Freshman Gee McGhee
- 10 points...1st career double-figure scoring game.
- Scored nine of his 10 points in second half.
- 3-7 from 3pt range...entered season shooting 1-11 from beyond the arc.