Chattanooga at East Tennessee State
ETSU/MSHA Center - Johnson City, Tenn.
Tuesday – March 18, 2014
- The Mocs end the 2013-14 season with a 79-66 loss at ETSU in the first round of the CIT Tournament … UTC ends the season with an 18-15 overall record while ETSU improves to 18-15.
- This is the Mocs first appearance in the CIT Tournament and the 20th postseason since moving to Division I in 1978. It is the first postseason since 2009.
- UTC is 6-15 all-time in Division I postseason play.
- The Mocs were 10-31 (32.3%) from 3-pt. range tonight...fifth time this season with 10+ threes…31 attempts was a season-high.
- UTC had 22 offensive rebounds in the game, but trailed ETSU in second chance points 13-11 … fourth time this season with 20+ offensive boards.
- Chattanooga shot 31.4% (22-70) from the field…worst shooting night since 30.6% (19-62) at UAB on Dec. 18.
- The Mocs tied a season-low with two steals.
- Chattanooga trailed by 13 mid-way through the second half … cut the lead to three (54-51) when Eric Robertson’s three capped a 10-0 run with 9:32 left in the game…that was as close as the Mocs could get the rest of the game.
- UTC got 37 points off the bench – Bareika (15), Robertson (11), White (9), Williams (2) – most against a DI opponent this season.
Martynas Bareika – Jr.-G
- Team-High 15 points on 5-14 shooting, 3-9 from 3-pt. range and 2-6 from the FT line.
- Tied a season-high with six boards.
- 17th game in double figures this season…first in the last six games.
Casey Jones – Jr.-F
- 12 points on 4-13 shooting>
- Added seven boards and three assists.
- Also had a pair of blocks.
Z. Mason – Sr.-F
- Double-double with 12 points and a game-high 15 boards.
- 15 rebounds tied a career-high.
- One off his career-high with five blocks.
- Led the SoCon in blocks (92) and rebounds (300) this season.
- Tied Lance Fulse (1987-88) for second most rebounds in a season in school history.
- Set a new UTC single-season record for rebound average at 9.7…previous high was Keith Nelson’s 9.3 in 1991-92.
- Set UTC’s single-season blocks record with 92, passing Neil Ashby who had 89 in 2001-02.
- Sixth-highest single-season mark in Southern Conference history.
- 15th double-double this season…22nd of his career.
- Already had UTC’s season record for double-doubles…one shy of the Mocs’ career mark of 23 set by Keith Nelson (1991-92).
Greg Pryor – Fr.-G
- Tied a season-high with a game-high six assists…first time with 5+ since UAB on Dec. 18.
Eric Robertson – So.-G
- 11 points in 21 minutes off the bench.
- Shot 4-8 from the field and 3-6 from 3-pt. range.
- Fifth game in double-figures this season.
- First since scoring 11 at UAB on Dec. 18.
- Added three boards and two assists.