The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga men's tennis team dropped a 7-0 match at Davidson today. With the loss, the Mocs fall to 1-9 on the season and 0-3 in Southern Conference action. Davidson improves to 7-3 overall and 1-1 in the SoCon.
The Mocs only win of the day came in the No. 3 doubles match. Freshmen Jackson Tresnan and Roberto Vieira teamed up for an 8-3 win over Sam Burns and Chris Mark. Tresnan and Vieira improved to 4-4 in doubles action on the year. The duo leads the team in doubles wins this season.
The Mocs stay on the road for a Sunday matchup at Elon. Live scoring will be available on GoMocs.com with the match starting at 1:00 p.m. (E.S.T.).
Davidson 7 - Chattanooga 0
1. Eric Noble/Joe Schafer (DAV) def. Stephen Crofford/Chris Smith (UTC) - 8-6
2. Walker Lyons/Calum Gee (DAV) def. Sam Parfitt/Ryan Pool (UTC) - 8-5
3. Roberto Vieira/Jackson Tresnan (UTC) def. Sam Burns/Chris Mark (DAV) - 8-3
1. Joe Schafer (DAV) def. Ryan Pool (UTC) - 6-4, 7-6
2. Walker Lyons (DAV) def. Roberto Vieira (UTC) - 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
3. Eric Noble (DAV) def. Chris Smith (UTC) - 6-1, 6-1
4. Chris Mark (DAV) def. Sam Parfitt (UTC) - 6-0, 6-1
5. Calum Gee (DAV) def. William Disterdick (UTC) - 6-2, 6-0
6. Sam Burns (DAV) def. Rick van de Bovenkamp (UTC) - 6-1, 6-4