The Paladins (13-7, 4-0) rolled to their sixth consecutive victory and have now won 22 straight matches at home. The Mocs dropped to 1-13 overall, 0-6 in league play. The match was forced indoors due to inclement weather.
The Paladins won all three doubles bouts, winning the team doubles point for the sixth straight match. Furman's Andy Juc and Bo Ladyman improved to 7-0 on the season with an 8-6 win over Peter Sauska and Pavel Vostrikova at the top doubles position. Jordan Walters and Andrei Chvetsov also remained undefeated, topping Rick van de Bovenkamp and Gordon Rudell, 8-2, for the tandem's fourth win of the year. Alex Butnarcuic and Dakota Pate forced the No. 2 match to a tie break before falling 8-7(5) to Chris Motes and Chris Rhyne
In singles action, the Mocs were swept by the Paladins. Rick van de Bovenkamp forced his No. 5 match to three sets. After falling 6-0 in the first set, van de Bovenkamp came back to win the second 6-7 (6) but fell 10-6 in a super tiebreak to Jordan Walters.
In the No. 2 singles match, Pavel Vostrikov won the first set 7-6 but lost the next two 6-2, 6-2 to Bo Ladyman. Juc, the reigning SoCon Player of the Week, defeated Sauska, 6-3, 6-3, for his fifth consecutive win. Motes, Walters. Knause and Duncan also picked up wins for the Paladins.
The Mocs will host Samford Tuesday, March 31 at the UTC Tennis Courts in a league matchup.
1. #67 Andy Juc/Bo Ladyman (FUR) def. Peter Sauska/Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) 8-6
2. Chris Motes/Chris Rhyne (FUR) def. Alexandru Butnarcuic/Dakota Pate (UTC) 8-7 (7-5)
3. Jordan Walters/Andrei Chvetsov (FUR) def. Rick van de Bovenkamp/Gordon Rudell (UTC) 8-2
1. #121 Andy Juc (FUR) def. Peter Sauska (UTC) 6-3, 6-3
2. Bo Ladyman (FUR) def. Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) 6-7, 6-2, 6-2
3. Daniel Knause (FUR) def. Dakota Pate (UTC) 6-0, 6-1
4. Chris Motes (FUR) def. Alexandru Butnarcuic (UTC) 6-4, 6-1
5. Jordan Walters (FUR) def. Rick van de Bovenkamp (UTC) 6-0, 6-7 (5) 10-6