The Mocs swept the three doubles matches and won four of six singles matches to improve to 11-2 overall.
Claiming singles victories for the Mocs were Mark Fynn at the No. 2 position, Peter Sauska at No. 3, Razvan Axente at No. 4 and Pavel Vostrikov at No. 6.
Badr Bouabdellah competed for UTC at No.1, and Michael Hangstefer played the No. 5 spot.
Sauska improved his team-best singles win streak to nine matches.
In doubles action, Head Coach Carlos Garcia used the teams of Fynn and Sauska at No. 1, Bouabdellah and Hangstefer at No. 2 and Axente and Vostrikov at No. 3 to sweep the Wildcats in all three matches.
Davidson falls to 3-6 overall and 0-1.
The Mocs host the College of Charleston Sunday at 1 p.m. at the UTC Tennis Complex.
Chattanooga men 5, Davidson 2
UTC Tennis Complex
Doubles (for one team point)
1. Fynn-Sauska (UTC) def. Bolton-Simihaian (DAV), 8-5
2. Bouabdellah-Hangstefer (UTC) def. Compeau-Noble (DAV), 8-5
3. Axente-Vostrikov (UTC) def. Burns-Myers (DAV), 8-7
1. Flaviu Simihaian (DAV) def. Badr Bouabdellah (UTC), 7-6, 6-0
2. Mark Fynn (UTC) def. John Bolton (DAV), 7-6, 6-2
3. Peter Sauska (UTC) def. Scott Myers (DAV), 6-3, 6-2
4. Razvan Axente (UTC) def. Eric Noble (DAV), 6-2, 6-4
5. Sam Burns (DAV) def. Michael Hangstefer (UTC), 6-3, 6-4
6. Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) def. Phil Compeau (DAV), 6-3, 6-1
Team Records: Davidson (3-6, 0-1), UTC (11-2, 2-0)
UTC wins its ninth straight match