The Mocs won two of the three doubles matches and five of six singles matches to claim its 10th win the team’s last 11 matches.
The Citadel’s Daniel Dossetor won his eighth consecutive singles match with a 6-2, 7-5 win over the Mocs’ Badr Bouabdellah at the No. 1 spot. The win was the lone bright spot for the Bulldogs in singles play as the Mocs won the remaining five matches.
Mark Fynn, Peter Sauska, Razvan Axente, Tim Mittiga and Pavel Vostrikov all claimed singles wins for the Mocs. Sauska’s win was his 11th straight at the No. 3 position.
The Citadel won the opening match in doubles play with the 20th-ranked tandem of Daniel Dossetor and James Eason prevailing over Fynn and Mittiga, 8-4. Wins by Axente and Bouabdellah at No. 2 as well as Michael Hangstefer and Sauska at No. 3 rallied the Mocs to claim the doubles point.
Chattanooga will play Jacksonville State and Alabama-Huntsville Thursday at The Champions Club. Action will begin at Noon.
Chattanooga 6, The Citadel men 1
UTC Tennis Complex
Doubles (for one team point)
1. Eason-Dossetor (Cit) def. Fynn-Mittiga (UTC), 8-4
2. Bouabdellah-Axente (UTC) def. Jose-Diaz (Cit), 8-6
3. Hangstefer-Sauska (UTC) def. King-Petrilli, 8-4
1. Daniel Dossetor (Cit) def. Badr Bouabdellah (UTC), 6-2, 7-5
2. Mark Fynn (UTC) def. James Eason (Cit), 6-4, 4-6, 11-9
3. Peter Sauska (UTC) def. Alberto Diaz (Cit), 6-1. 6-3
4. Razvan Axente (UTC) def. Martin King (Cit), 6-1, 6-2
5. Tim Mittiga (UTC) def. Derek Jose (Cit), 6-1, 6-1
6. Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) def. Frederic Petrilli, 6-1, 6-4
Team Records: UTC (12-3, 3-1), The Citadel (2-7, 0-1)