The Mocs improved to 13-4 overall and 4-2 in the league by winning the doubles point and four out of six singles matches.
Two of the doubles matches came down to tiebreakers, and UTC claimed wins at the top two positions to earn the all-important doubles point for a 1-0 lead.
In singles play, the Mocs collected victories at the two through five positions.
Mark Fynn continued his consistent play with a 6-4, 6-4 win at No. 2 over George Kernodle. Peter Sauska defeated Scott Collins, 6-4, 6-2 at No. 3, Tim Mittiga won in three sets over Alex Fridzon at No. 4, 5-7, 6-4, 6-2 and Razvan Axente beat Richard Cahi, 7-5, 6-4 at No. 5.
Wofford, who had won three straight matches coming into the day, picked up wins at No. 1 and No. 6 singles, including a three-setter at No. 1.
The Mocs take on No. 44-ranked Elon Sunday in Elon, N.C., in another important SoCon match.
Chattanooga men 5, Wofford 2
Reeves Tennis Center, Spartanburg, S.C.
Doubles (for one team point)
1. Mark Fynn/Tim Mittiga (UTC) def. Andrew Stubbs/George Kernodle (WOF) 9-8 (7-4)
2. Badr Bouabdellah/Razvan Axente (UTC) def. Alex Fridzon/Scott Collins (WOF) 8-6
3. Scott Collins/Christopher Williams (WOF) def. Peter Sauska/Michael Hangstefer (CHATT) 9-8 (8-6)
1. Andrew Stubbs (WOF) def. Badr Bouabdellah (UTC) 6-3, 4-6, 6-4
2. Mark Fynn (UTC) def. George Kernodle (WOF) 6-4, 6-4
3. Peter Sauska (UTC) def. Scott Collins (WOF) 6-4, 6-2
4. Tim Mittiga (UTC) def. Alex Fridzon (WOF) 5-7, 6-4, 6-2
5. Razvan Axente (UTC) def. Richard Cahi (WOF) 7-5, 6-4
6. Christopher Williams (WOF) def. Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) 6-3, 6-4
Chattanooga (13-4, 4-2); Wofford (8-5, 3-2)