CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. – Junior Peter Sauska (Budapest, Hungary) and senior Badr Bouabdellah (Barcelona, Spain) each took their singles matches at the No. 1 and No. 2 spots but it would not be enough as
Sauska opened singles play by defeating
The Mountaineers extended their lead in doubles play as the tandem of Lake and Constance downed Bouabdella and Vostrikov 8-2 before Jacobs and Lee posted an 8-3 victory over Sauska and Hamadeh to claim the doubles point. Doverspike and Brookshaw closed out doubles action with an 8-5 decision over Axente and Diamond for a sweep.
Doubles (for one team point)
1. Bobby Lake/Trent Constance (ASU) def. Badr Bouabdellah/Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) 8-2
2. Peter Jacobs/Lee Floyd (ASU) def. Peter Sauska/Hasan Hamadeh (UTC) 8-3
3. David Doverspike/Ryan Brookshaw (ASU) def. Razvan Axente/Robert Diamond (UTC) 8-5
1. Peter Sauska (UTC) def.
(ASU) 2-6, 6-3, 6-0 Bobby Lake
2. Badr Bouabdellah (UTC) def. Ryan Brookshaw (ASU) 7-5, 6-4
3. Trent Constance (ASU) def. Razvan Axente (UTC) 6-3, 6-0
4. Lee Floyd (ASU) def. Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) 7-5, 6-4
5. Peter Jacobs (ASU) def. Hasan Hamadeh (UTC) 6-1, 4-6, 6-1
6. David Doverspike (ASU) def. Robert Diamond (UTC) 7-6, 6-3