Appalachian State jumped out to a 1-0 lead by winning the doubles point. However, freshmen William Disterdick and Jackson Tresnan did take an 8-6 victory in their No. 3 match over Andrew McKinnon and Ezekiel Sansing. It was the second win in as many matches for the frosh pair.
Disterdick tied the match with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over McKinnon at No. 5. It was Disterdikc's second straight win and third SoCon singles win on the year.
ASU closed out the match with wins in the next four matches. Freshman Roberto Vieira won a three-set thriller in the final match of the day. Playing the No. 1 position, Vieira defeated Peter Jacobs 7-5, 2-6, 1-0 (4) for his 10th win of the year.
The Mocs are back in action on Wednesday, April 7 when they travel to Samford for a 3:00 p.m. (E.D.T.) match. The next home match is against Tennessee Wesleyan on Tuesday, April 13 at 2:00 p.m. on the UTC Tennis Courts.
Appalachian State 5, Chattanooga 2
1. Trent Constance/Peter Jacobs (ASU) def. Ryan Pool/Roberto Vieira (UTC) - 8-3
2. Alain Humblet/Philip Kloc (ASU) def. Stephen Crofford/Chris Smith (UTC) - 8-3
3. William Disterdick/Jackson Tresnan (UTC) def. Andrew McKinnon/Ezekiel Sansing (ASU) - 8-6
1. Roberto Vieira (UTC) def. Peter Jacobs (ASU) - 7-5, 2-6, 1-0 (9-4)
2. Alain Humblet (ASU) def. Ryan Pool (UTC) - 6-2, 6-4
3. Trent Constance (ASU) def. Chris Smith (UTC) - 6-3, 1-6, 6-4
4. Philip Kloc (ASU) def. Jackson Tresnan (UTC) - 6-3, 6-2
5. William Disterdick (UTC) def. Andrew McKinnon (ASU) - 6-3, 6-4
6. Ezekiel Sansing (ASU) def. Stephen Crofford (UTC) - 6-3, 1-6, 6-4