The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga men's tennis team dropped a 7-0 match to visiting Stetson this afternoon. The Mocs were swept for the first time in 11 matches, dropping to 7-9 on the year. The Hatters upped their record 14-7 overall.
Stetson jumped out to a 1-0 lead by taking all three doubles matches. The Mocs have not won a match this year when they did not take the opening doubles point.
Sophomores William Disterdick (Hixson, Tenn.) and Stephen Crofford (Franklin, Tenn.) tried to get the Mocs on the board. Both took their first set in their matches at No. 5 and No. 6, respectively. Disterdick went three sets with Hans Adrian Riseng before losing (1-6, 6-2, 7-6 (4)). Crofford also fell in three sets to Christopher Swanteso (4-6, 7-6 (1), 1-0 (10-8).
The Mocs are back in action on Sunday, March 27, when they host Appalachian State. First serve against the Mountaineers is set for 1:00 p.m. (E.D.T.) on the UTC Tennis Courts. Live scoring will be available on GoMocs.com.
Stetson 7, Chattanooga 0
Mar 25, 2011 at Chattanooga, Tenn. (UTC Tennis Courts)
1. Cesare Gallo-Didrik Breg (STET) def. Roberto Vieira-Chris Smith (UTC) - 8-5
2. Njal Stene-Christopher Swanteso (STET) def. William Disterdick-Rick van de Bovenkamp (UTC) - 8-4
3. Alex Hackett-Hans Adrian Riseng (STET) def. Stephen Crofford-Jackson Tresnan (UTC) - 8-5
1. Cesare Gallo (STET) def. Roberto Vieira (UTC) - 6-3, 6-4
2. Njal Stene (STET) def. Chris Smith (UTC) - 6-3, 6-4
3. Didrik Breg (STET) def. Jackson Tresnan (UTC) - 6-2, 6-1
4. Alex Hackett (STET) def. Rick van de Bovenkamp (UTC) - 6-2, 6-2
5. Hans Adrian Riseng (STET) def. William Disterdick (UTC) - 1-6, 6-2, 7-6 (7-4)
6. Christopher Swanteso (STET) def. Stephen Crofford (UTC) - 4-6, 7-6 (7-2), 1-0 (10-8)