Chattanooga at No. 13 Wofford
Gibbs Stadium - Spartanburg, S.C.
Saturday - Nov. 10, 2012
- UTC falls to No. 13 Wofford 16-13 in overtime. Chattanooga is 5-5 overall and 4-3 in SoCon. Wofford secures a share of the Southern Conference title at 8-2 overall and 6-2 in league play.
- The Mocs held Wofford to just 16 points, 10 in regulation and none in the second half. The Terriers came into the game No. 10 in the nation, averaging 35.8 ppg.
- The Mocs defense held Wofford to a season-low 215 rushing yards. The Terriers came into the game No. 2 in the nation with 372.9 rushing yards per game.
- UTC outgained Wofford 337-249 in the game.
- The Mocs did not force a turnover for the first time this season.
- Chattanooga did not commit a turnover for the fifth time this season.
- The Mocs were 11/18 on third down (61%). UTC came into the game third in the SoCon on third down at (40.6%).
- UTC is 5-12 against ranked opponents in the Russ Huesman era.
- The Mocs are just 1-7 in games decided by three points or less since 2009.
Wes Dothard (Jr. - LB)
- Team-high 10 tackles, including one for loss.
- Fourth game this season with 10+ tackles...ninth in his career.
Tommy Hudson (So. - WR)
- Six catches for a career-high 73 yards.
- Two punt returns of 23 and 20 yards...longest of the season for UTC.
Jacob Huesman (Fr. - QB)
- Season-highs 22-31 passing for 229 yards.
- Ran 24 times for 68 yards.
- First game without a TD since the season-opener at USF.
- Now has 1,478 passing yards, 165 shy of the UTC freshman record set by Kenyon Earl (1991).
- Was impressive on third down - 9-10 passing for 90 yards and seven first downs - hit five different receivers - also ran seven times for 30 yards and four first downs.
Kendrix Huitt (Fr. - RB)
- 39 yards and one TD on 14 carries.
- Third TD of the year.
Terrell Robinson (So. - QB)
- Eight catches for 54 yards.
- One pass for completed to Huesman for five yards.
Davis Tull (So. - DE)
- Seven tackles, including a season-high three TFLs.
- Now has 16.5 TFLs on the season...fourth highest single-season total in school
history...school record is 18.0 last set by Joseph Thornton in 2007.