Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at Georgia Southern
Hanner Fieldhouse – Statesboro, Ga.
Monday – Feb. 3, 2014
- The Chattanooga Mocs scored a 72-60 win at Georgia Southern tonight. UTC wins its 15th-straight game to improve to 19-3 overall and 11-0 in SoCon action.
- The Mocs have won 27-straight SoCon games…last loss was a 70-60 overtime defeat at Elon on Jan. 7, 2013.
- Head coach Jim Foster won his 802nd game today…11th women’s coach in the NCAA to reach that mark. His 36-year mark stands at 802-310. The 2013 Hall of Fame inductee is the only coach in NCAA Division I history - men or women - to lead three different teams to at least 200 wins (St. Joseph’s: 248, Vanderbilt: 256, Ohio State: 279).
- The Mocs have won five-straight SoCon games by 10+ points…longest such run since the 2008-09 season when they won seven in a row by double-digits in league play.
- UTC trailed at the half (30-28) for just the third time this season…Mocs are 3-0 when trailing at the half…14-0 when leading and 2-3 when tied at the break.
- Georgia Southern led by as many as five in the first half (14-9 – 9:58).
- UTC was a season-high 90.0% (18-20) from the FT line.
- Georgia Southern made 17 FTs of their own…second most allowed by Chattanooga this season.
- The Mocs had a season-low six assists in the game…just one in the first half.
- UTC dominated the glass 39-28…fewest boards this season by the Eagles…UTC has outrebounded its opponents by an average of 13.8 boards per game of the last five games.
Taylor Hall – Sr.-F
- Game-high 25 points on 7-18 shooting, 11-12 from the FT line.
- Topped 1,000 career points in the game…1,008 for her career.
- 26th member of the 1,000-point club at UTC.
- Passed Katarika Banks (1998-01) and Heather Dykes (1999-02) to move into 24th place on the all-time scoring list.
- Second-most points by a Moc this season.
- Most FTs by a Moc this season...tied her career high.
- 28-31 (90.3%) from the FT line the last five games.
- Added 11 boards for her 10th double-double of the season.
- Also had three assists and four steals.
Chelsey Shumpert – Fr.-G
- 13 points on 5-8 shooting, 3-4 from 3-pt. range.
- Was 0-4 from three the previous two games.
- Seventh game in double-figures this season.
- Second time with three 3-pointers in a game.