Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at Wofford
Johnson Arena – Spartanburg, S.C.
Monday – Feb. 17, 2014
- The Chattanooga Mocs won their 19th-straight game with a 64-48 victory at Wofford tonight. UTC improves to 23-3 overall and 15-0 in league action. Wofford drops to 5-18 and 3-11 in league play.
- UTC’s 19-straight wins is the fourth-longest active run in the nation.
- Chattanooga has also won 11 consecutive road games, second best in the NCAA.
- UTC is 40-2 all-time against Wofford … the Mocs have won 34 straight in the series … last loss in the series was a 70-57 setback on Feb. 25, 1999.
- The Mocs have won 31 straight SoCon games…last loss was a 70-60 overtime defeat at Elon on Jan. 7, 2013.
- Head coach Jim Foster won his 806th game today…11th women’s coach in the NCAA to reach that mark. His 36-year mark stands at 806-310. The 2013 Hall of Fame inductee is the only coach in NCAA Division I history - men or women - to lead three different teams to at least 200 wins (St. Joseph’s: 248, Vanderbilt: 256, Ohio State: 279). This marked his 27th season with 20 or more wins, tied for seventh most in Division I.
- The Mocs have won nine straight SoCon games by 10+ points…longest such run since the 2007-08 season when they won 17-straight league games by double-digits.
- It was a four-point game with 6:05 left to play when Furman’s Sarah Durdaller hit two free throws to close the Mocs lead to 58-54. Those were the last points for the Paladins as UTC ended the game on a 13-0 run. Furman did not have any points from the field in the lasdt 7:27 of the game.
- UTC led 27-25 at the break…the Mocs are 19-0 when leading at the half.
- Chattanooga was outrebounded (37-36) for the first time in eight games. UTC is 7-3 when being outrebounded. Wofford’s 37 boards are the most allowed by UTC this season.
- UTC only led 33-30 with 16:35 left in the game following a Taylor Hall 3-pointer… Mocs went on a 13-4 run over the next seven minutes to take control of the game…that run was capped by another three from Hall at the 9:14 mark.
- UTC got 21 points off of 16 Wofford turnovers…the Mocs only gave up six points on their nine errors.
- UTC was 15-22 from the FT line … tied for second most attempts this season.
- Chattanooga was just 3-12 (25.0%) from 3-point range tonight…tied a season-low for threes made.
- Wofford’s Jordan Fraizer had five steals in the game…most by an opponent this season.
Alex Black – Sr.-G
- 10 points on 3-7 shooting, 4-4 from the FT line.
- Third-straight game in double-figures…eighth this season.
- 16-17 from the FT line over the last eight games.
Ashlen Dewart – Sr.-F
- Game-high 12 boards, 11 on the defensive end.
- Added six points and two assists.
Aryanna Gilbert – Fr.-G
- Career-high and team-high four steals.
- Five points on 2-3 shooting, 1-1 from the FT line.
Taylor Hall – Sr.-F
- Game-high and career-high tying 25 points.
- Shot 9-16 from the field, 2-3 from 3-pt. range and 5-7 from the FT line.
- Added eight boards, two assists, two blocks and a steal.
- Eight straight games in double-figures.
- 4th time this season with 20+ points.
- Passed the century mark for career 3-pointers made in the game (101-330, 30.6%)
- Tied a career-high with nine FGs…tied a season-high with two threes.
- Only played four minutes in the first half due to foul trouble…played all 20 minutes in the second half at point guard.
- 26-52 (50.0%) from the field and 5-12 (41.7%) from 3-pt. range last four games.