The Mocs’ double tandem of Peter Sauska and Pavel Vostrikov improved their record to 3-4 at the No. 1 spot with an 8-5 win over Arsel Kumdereli and Orcun Seyrek of UNC Greensboro. However, the Spartans would win the doubles point with victories at the other two spots.
In singles action, Sauska fell in three sets to Seyrek. In the first set, Sauska won 6-0, but dropped the next two 6-2, 6-1. At the No. 2 spot, Pavel Vostrikov won the first set 6-2 over Andrey Bubnov but lost the last two set 6-2, 6-3. Rick van de Bovenkamp also stretched his match to three sets but fell to William John 6-4, 4-6, 6-3.
Kimdereli won his No. 3 match for the Spartans at No. 6-1, 6-3 while Yaroslav Litus defeated the Mocs’ Dakota Pate 6-3, 7-6 and Jacob Wright of UNC Greensboro defeated Gordon Rudell 6-0, 6-0 at No. 6.
The Mocs will travel to
1. Orcun Seyrek (UNCG) def. Peter Sauska (UTC) 0-6, 6-2, 6-1
2. Andrey Bubnov (UNCG) def. Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) 2-6, 6-2, 6-3
3. Arsel Kumdereli (UNCG) def. Alex Butnarcuic (UTC) 6-1, 6-3
4. William John (UNCG) def. R. van de Bovenkamp (UTC) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
5. Yaroslav Litus (UNCG) def. Dakota Pate (UTC) 6-3, 7-6
6. Jacob Wright (UNCG) def. Gordon Rudell (UTC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Peter Sauska/Pavel Vostrikov (UTC) def. Arsel Kumdereli/Orcun Seyrek (UNCG) 8-5
2. Andrey Bubnov/Yaroslav Litus (UNCG) def. Alex Butnarcuic/R. van de Bovenkamp (UTC) 8-3
3. Jacob Wright/William John (UNCG) def. Dakota Pate/Gordon Rudell (UTC) 8-5