Sauska earned a 6-1, 6-2 win over Wofford’s No. 1 player Stuart Robertson. Sauska, along with doubles partner Pavel Vostrikov defeated Robertson and Danny Marlow in the doubles top spot 8-7(7-2). But it would be the Mocs lone win in doubles play.
Wofford grabbed a 1-0 lead on the Mocs as the Terriers took wins on two of three courts. Alan Donald and Paul Bartholomy wasted no time in putting away Tyler Pullen and Alex Butnarcuic 8-1 on court No. 2. Scott Collins and Tinus van Wyk then clinched the doubles point for the Terriers as they used two service breaks to get past Rick van de Bovenkamp and Sam Parfitt 8-4.
Bartholomy gave the Terriers a quick 2-0 leaded after the start of singles play as he defeated Rudell 6-0, 6-0 on court No. 6. Manlow picked up the first set in his match on court No. 2 and was up two love in the second when his opponent Vostrikov retired due to a back injury. For the third time this year, van Wyk clinched the match for the Terriers as he had no trouble dispatching Parfitt on court No. 4 6-2, 6-0. Donald then gave the Terriers a 5-0 lead on court No. 5 as he easily defeated Bovenkamp 6-2, 6-2. Collins wrapped up the final win for the Terriers as he downed Butnarcuic 6-4, 6-0.
1. Peter Sauska (UTC-M) def. Stuart Robertson (WOF) 6-1, 6-2
2. Danny Manlow (WOF) def. Pavel Vostrikov (UTC-M) 6-3, retired
3. Scott Collins (WOF) def. Alex Butnarcuic (UTC-M) 6-4, 6-0
4. Tinus van Wyk (WOF) def. Sam Parfitt (UTC-M) 6-2, 6-0
5. Alan Donald (WOF) def. R. van de Bovenkamp (UTC-M) 6-2, 6-2
6. Paul Bartholomy (WOF) def. Gordon Rudell (UTC-M) 6-0, 6-0
1. Peter Sauska/Pavel Vostrikov (UTC-M) def. Stuart Robertson/Danny Manlow (WOF) 8-7 (7-2)
2. Alan Donald/Paul Bartholomy (WOF) def. Tyler Pullen/Alex Butnarcuic (UTC-M) 8-1
3. Scott Collins/Tinus van Wyk (WOF) def. R. van de Bovenkamp/Sam Parfitt (UTC-M) 8-4
Wofford 11-9 (5-2 SoCon)
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (6,2,4,5,3,1)