The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga women’s tennis team scored a 7-0 win over Davidson on the UTC Tennis Courts this afternoon. The Lady Mocs won all 10 matches on their way to improving to 14-3 overall and 4-3 in Southern Conference action.
Chattanooga has won five of its last six matches and recorded its ninth shutout of the season today. The Wildcats fell to 7-7 overall and remain winless in league play at 0-5.
UTC opened with three straight wins in doubles action. None of the Lady Mocs tandems lost more than three games in the three wins. Junior Alexa Flynn (Memphis, Tenn.) and freshman Kelsey Coots (Huntsville, Ala.) improved to 5-0 in the spring with an 8-3 win over Nisha Crouser and Stephani Synn at No. 2.
Coots was also impressive in singles action, shutting out Tamara Hill (6-0, 6-0) at No. 5. It was Coots’ sixth-straight win as she improved to 13-3 in the spring and 21-6 overall. She has only lost 11 games in her current six-match winning streak. She has also posted 6-0 wins in seven of her last 12 sets.
Flynn also extended her singles winning streak to five matches with a (6-1, 7-6 (4)) win over Crouser at No. 4. She is 9-2 in the spring and 14-8 overall.
UTC is back on the court next week in a rescheduled match against Lee University. The Lady Mocs host the Flames at the UTC Tennis Courts on Thursday, April 4, at 3:00 p.m. (E.D.T.). A link for live scoring is available on the women’s tennis schedule page on GoMocs.com.
Chattanooga 7, Davidson 0
Mar 30, 2013 at Chattanooga, Tenn. (UTC Courts)
1. Kaylene Chadwell/Kayla Jones (UTC) def. Brites Moniz-Soares/Elaina Cummer (DAV) 8-1
2. Alexa Flynn/Kelsey Coots (UTC) def. Nisha Crouser/Stephani Synn (DAV) 8-3
3. Claire Mulyadi/Jovana Pecovski (UTC) def. Catherine Wood/Frizzi Bschorer (DAV) 8-3
1. Jenna Nurik (UTC) def. Brites Moniz-Soares (DAV) 6-3, 7-5
2. Kaylene Chadwell (UTC) def. Elaina Cummer (DAV) 6-1, 6-2
3. Kayla Jones (UTC) def. Stephani Synn (DAV) 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
4. Alexa Flynn (UTC) def. Nisha Crouser (DAV) 6-1, 7-6 (7-4)
5. Kelsey Coots (UTC) def. Tamara Hill (DAV) 6-0, 6-0
6. Claire Mulyadi (UTC) def. Frizzi Bschorer (DAV) 6-0, 6-0
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (5,6,2,1,4,3)