The Lady Mocs improved to 5-10 overall while the Lady Toppers drop to 9-5 on the year.
Annie Green put the Lady Mocs up 2-0 with a straight sets win at the No. 5 spot. Emily Hangstefer earned a 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 3 over Margot Van Bussel and Jennemieke van der Veek clinched the win with a 6-1, 6-3 win over Western Kentucky’s Jacomiey Feilzer at the No. 2 spot. Charlotte Bossy earned UTC’s fifth point with a 6-0, 7-5 over Jessi Brown at No. 4.
At the No. 1 spot Western Kentucky’s Marlou Van Bussel won the first set 6-2 and the Lady Mocs’ Shaina Singh came back to split the match with a 6-2 decision in the second set. Since the match was already decided in
In doubles action,
The Lady Mocs will return to Southern Conference action with a Wednesday match against Samford at the UTC Tennis Courts at 2 p.m.
1. Marlou Van Bussel (WKU) def. Shaina Singh (UTC) 6-2, 3-6, 10-6
2. Jennemieke van der Veek (UTC) def. Jacomiey Feilzer (WKU) 6-1, 6-3
3. Emily Hangstefer (UTC) def. Margot Van Bussel (WKU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Charlotte Bossy (UTC) def. Carrie True (WKU) 6-0, 7-5
5. Annie Green (UTC) def. Jessi Brown (WKU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Brianna Wishing (UTC) – forfeit
1. Marlou Van Bussel/Margot Van Bussel (WKU) def. Charlotte Bossy/Jennemieke van der Veek (UTC) 8-3
2. Emily Hangstefer/Brianna Wishing (UTC) def. Jacomiey Feilzer/Carrie True (WKU) 8-6
3. Annie Green/Kate Ksiezopolski (UTC) – forfeit
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2); Singles (3,5,4,2,1)