The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga women's tennis team will take on three non-conference opponents this week. The Lady Mocs open with a visit from Tennessee-Martin on Monday, March 15, travel to Tennessee Tech on Thursday, March 18 and host UAB on Saturday, March 20.
UTC is looking to post back-to-back wins for the first time this season when they host UT-Martin on Monday at 2:00 p.m. (E.D.T.) at the UTC Tennis Courts. The Lady Mocs are 3-7 on the year and 1-3 in the SoCon after defeating Appalachian State on Sunday 5-2.
Live scoring will be available for the match against the Skyhawks. Check the women's tennis schedule page on GoMocs.com for links to live event.
Junior Grace Robinette secured the team win against ASU with a three-set victory at No. 4. Freshmen Jenna Nurik (No. 1) and Jennifer Taylor (No. 6) and sophomore Emily Hangstefer (No. 3) also scored singles wins against the Mountaineers.
Nurik currently leads the team with a 12-6 overall record. Taylor and sophomore Shaina Singh are right behind with identical 11-8 marks in singles play. Hangstefer is also in double-figures with a 10-9 singles record.
Nurik and Singh paired up on Sunday for their second-straight doubles win at No. 2. Hangstefer and Robinette also grabbed a doubles victory against the Mountaineers and are 1-2 in spring action.
UT-Martin is currently 3-2 with wins over Lipscomb (4-3), Bethel (7-0) and Tennessee State (7-0). Freshman Anna Winklemann leads the team with a 3-0 mark at No. 4. This will be the Skyhawks second trip to Chattanooga this season. They participated in the UTC Steve Baras Fall Classic in October.
Tennessee State is 0-4 on the year and hosts the Lady Mocs on Thursday at 3:00 p.m. (E.D.T.). Freshman Victoria Cran leads the Golden Eagles with a 7-5 record at No. 5. She is teaming with junior Frederike Kahl at No. 1 doubles for a 4-2 mark this season.
UTC's final match of the week is set for Saturday at 1:00 p.m. against UAB. Live scoring will be available for the contest against the Blazers at the UTC Tennis Courts. UAB is 7-4 on the year and is led by junior Giorgia Romeo's 8-3 singles record at No. 3. She is paired with fellow junior Evelien Strijker at No. 1 doubles and the tandem is undefeated with a 5-0 mark in spring action. The Blazers have a match on Monday against Stetson in Deland, Fla., before visiting the Mocs this weekend.
1. Jenna Nurik - Fr. - 12-6 (UTC) | Jodie Tiley - So. - 2-3 (UTM) | Leydi Zora - Jr. - 3-6 (TTU) | Evelien Strijker - Jr. - 7-3 (UAB)
2. Shaina Singh - So. - 11-8 (UTC) | Johanie Van Zyl - Fr. - 2-3 (UTM) | Diana Woodcock - Jr. - 2-5 (TTU) | Paula Alvarez - So. - 5-5 (UAB)
3. Emily Hangstefer - 10-9 (UTC) | Martie Wahl - Sr. - 3-2 (UTM) | Laura Porras - So. - 3-6 (TTU) | Giorgia Romeo - Jr. - 8-3 (UAB)
4. Grace Robinette - Jr. - 4-3 (UTC) | Anna Winklemann - Fr. - 3-0 (UTM) | Frederike Kahl - Jr. - 2-7 (TTU) | Menanteau Moolman - Fr. - 3-8 (UAB)
5. Charlotte Bossy - So. - 3-11 (UTC) | Alice Laing - Fr. - 3-1 (UTM) | Victoria Cran - Fr. - 7-5 (TTU) | Brittany DeFelice - Jr. - 4-5 (UAB)
6. Jennifer Taylor - Fr. - 11-8 (UTC) | Anna Marie Herbold - Fr. - 3-2 (UTM) | Katie Barnhill - Jr. - 0-9 (TTU) | Jenny Cape - Jr. - 6-4 (UAB)
1. Hangstefer-Robinette - 1-2 (UTC) | Wahl-Belisa de Brito (Sr.) - 2-3 (UTM) | Cran-Kahl - 4-2 (TTU) | Strijker-Romeo - 5-0 (UAB)
2. Nurik-Singh - 2-1 (UTC) | Laing-Tiley - 3-2 (UTM) | Barnhill-Zora - 0-3 (TTU) | DeFelice-Moolman - 1-2 (UAB)
3. Bossy-Green - 0-3 (UTC) | Herbold-Winklemann - 2-1 (UTM) | Woodcock-Porras - 1-5 (TTU) | Alvarez-Cape - 4-1 (UAB)
*Based on each team's most recent dual match